20 Questions With Emily Strinden
Oct. 12, 2005
1. Full Name: Emily Jane Strinden
2. Birthdate: January 20, 1986
3. Hometown: Lufkin, Texas
4. Major: Maybe Pre- Med
5. What player did you try and impersonate growing up?
My hometown coach, Mike Fray.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When I am in a hurry and I have to wait for other people.
7. Who was your role model growing up?
My older brother, Ernie, because he was so much older, cooler and wiser. Plus he had a lot of friends that he let me tag along with!
8. If you could invite three people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be?
My grandad, my best friend from home Catherine (she’s hilarious!) and my dad.
9. What’s your dream job?
I think it is to be a doctor, but I am not sure what kind. Someone that helps other people.
10. If you could do any celebration after scoring a goal what would you do?
Curtsey to Michelle (Rasmussen)!!
11. What is your greatest personal athletic achievement?
Walking on to the KU soccer team.
12. What sport would you play if you didn’t play soccer?
It’s too hard to just choose one! Softball, swimming or some sport with running.
13. What is the biggest reason you came to Kansas?
Because my mom came here and because it snows here. I have
never lived where it snowed!
14. Do you have any superstitions?
I tape my earrings in a piece of Missy Geha’s shoe tape and I always put my left sock on first. I don’t think it’s a superstition though- just habit.
15. What is your most prized possession?
My cell phone. It is just such a necessity!!
16. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Without question- my mom’s meatloaf with scalloped potatoes, green beans and a big glass of ice water. Cherry pie for dessert.
17. If you could go see one concert who would it be?
Sublime, Dave Matthews or Pat Green.
18. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be?
Bugs Bunny; He’s sneaky and deceiving, and he always comes out on top!
19. If we asked your teammates what your most endearing and obnoxious qualities are, what would it be and why?
That I am such a kind-hearted, sweet, lovely teammate, but that I talk really loudly in public.
20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Married, with a stable job and income and living happily ever after!