KU's Thomas Robinson Named Preseason All-America by CBSSports.com
Oct. 18, 2011
Kansas junior Thomas Robinson has been named to the CBSSports.com All-America First Team, the website announced Monday.
Robinson, a 6-10 forward from Washington D.C., provided valuable minutes off the bench throughout the 2010-11 season, averaging 7.6 points and 6.4 rebounds in 33 games in playing alongside NBA draft lottery selections Markieff and Marcus Morris. Robinson recorded four double-doubles during the year and had the second-best field goal percentage for Kansas at 60.1 percent.
Earlier this month, Robinson was a unanimous selection on the Preseason All-Big 12 team as selected by the conference coaches and he was named a John R. Wooden Award 2011-12 Preseason Top 50 candidate.
Joining Robinson on the CBSSports.com All-America First Team were Jordan Taylor of Wisconsin, John Jenkins of Vanderbilt, Harrison Barnes of North Carolina and Jared Sullinger of Ohio State. Sullinger will visit Allen Fieldhouse on Dec. 10 when Kansas plays host to Ohio State at 2:15 p.m.
Kansas, which is ranked 14th in the CBSSports.com preseason poll, kicks off its season by hosting Pittsburg State in an exhibition game on Tuesday, Nov. 1, at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on the Jayhawk IMG TV Network. It can also be seen on the internet on AT&T Jayhawk All-Access via kuathletics.com.
This marks the eighth consecutive year that AT&T Jayhawk All-Access is broadcasting Kansas Athletics events either with video, audio or both. Already this year All-Access televised KU’s home football opener as well as the Legends of the Phog alumni charity basketball game. In addition to Late Night in the Phog, fans who subscribe to AT&T All-Access can also see:
– KU’s two men’s basketball exhibition contests (vs. Pittsburg State Nov. 1 and vs. Fort Hays State Nov. 8),
– Football Coach Turner Gill’s postgame press conferences after home games,
– Football Coach Turner Gill’s weekly press conferences,
– Football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball coaches’ weekly television shows,
– Home women’s basketball games,
– The Kansas Relays and much more, including postgame interviews in many of Kansas’ 18 varsity sports.
Fans who subscribe may also listen to:
– The complete radio broadcasts of KU football and men’s basketball contests, including pre- and post-game shows and post-game interviews with the coaches,
– Men’s basketball coach Bill Self’s weekly press conferences,
– Weekly Hawk Talk radio shows with Turner Gill, Bill Self and women’s basketball coach Bonnie Henrickson, and
– Rock Chalk Sports Talk, a weekly hour-long radio show highlighting Kansas Athletics.
In addition, KU fans can watch home volleyball matches and baseball games free of charge.
Kansas fans can subscribe to Jayhawk All-Access by going to www.kuathletics.com and clicking on the AT&T Jayhawk All-Access button on the right. Jayhawk All-Access subscriptions are only $9.95 per month or $79.95 per year.