20 Questions with Colleen Quinn
Oct. 25, 2005
1. Full Name: Colleen Quinn
2. Birthdate: February 26, 1986
3. Hometown: Fort Collins, Colorado
4. Major: Business Administration with a concentration in exercise science.
5. What player did you try and impersonate growing up?
Not a specific player, but I always wanted to beat the boys.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
7. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be?
Captain Planet, because he goes from zero to hero!
8. If you could invite three people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be?
Lance Armstrong, Cal Ripken Jr. and Tim McGraw.
9. What’s your dream job?
To own my own health club.
10. If you could go see one concert who would you go see?
Counting Crows and The Wallflowers.
11. What is your greatest personal athletic achievement?
Earning a spot on the KU team.
12. Do you have any superstitions, and if so what are they?
Not really, I just like sticking to routines.
13. What is the biggest reason you came to Kansas?
The team chemistry.
14. Who was your role model growing up?
Athletically it was Cal Ripken and Lance Armstrong because they are the epitome of perseverance and strength. But I think my parents are the best role models in my life. They have shown me what it takes to succeed in life, both in the personal and business worlds.
15. What is your most prized possession?
An actual picture of Lance Armstrong. One that someone took for me, not one I bought.
16. If you could do any celebration after scoring a goal what would you do?
Well I wouldn’t be scoring but I once saw a player drink the keeper’s water. That’s a pretty “rub it in your face” celebration.
17. What reality show would you be best on?
American Idol because I would be the world’s best worst singer.
18. What sport would you play if you didn’t play soccer?
Track or basketball.
19. If you could pick one team to be on the schedule that isn’t already on it, who would it be and why?
Any team in the ACC because they are all quality teams and I love the east coast.
20. If we asked your teammates what your most endearing and obnoxious qualities are, what would it be and why?
That I always have something nice to say, but that I’m sometimes overly sarcastic.