Kansas 98, Washburn 79 Postgame Notes
Nov. 4, 2008
Kansas 98, Washburn 79
Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2008
Post Game Notes
– With the win, Kansas has won 30 straight home exhibition games… KU is now 50-7 all-time in exhibition games… KU improved to 41-4 in exhibition games in Allen Fieldhouse… KU improved to 18-0 in exhibition games under Bill Self… KU is now 4-0 against Washburn in exhibition games (31-3 in regular season games).
– Kansas used the starting lineup of Connor Teahan, Sherron Collins, Tyrel Reed, Brady Morningstar and Cole Aldrich. The game was the first ever start for Teahan.
– Kansas scored 57 points in the first half. Last year KU scored 58 points in the first half against Washburn.
– In the first half, Washburn led KU 14-13 before the Jayhawks took back the lead on a 17-5 run that was jump started by two three-pointers by Reed. KU never trailed in the game again.
– KU went on a 17-4 run late in the first half to lead 57-35 at halftime. The Jayhawks also held the Ichabods without a field goal in the last 7:35 of the first half, allowing only six points off free throws.
– Kansas scored 98 points in the game. KU scored 90-plus points six times last season.
– KU shot 59 percent from the field. The Jayhawks’ average field goal percentage in three exhibition games this season is 53.1 percent while last year’s season average was 50.8 percent.
– Collins led KU in scoring with 22 points while three other players scored in double figures, including Reed (16), Morningstar (15) and Thomas (10). Aldrich led the Jayhawks in rebounds with nine and Thomas chipped in with six rebounds.
– Reed made his first four three-pointer attempts, finishing 5-6 on the night.
– Twelve of the 13 Jayhawks who saw playing time made contributions in the points column.
– Only three current Jayhawks saw action against Washburn last year. Teahan and Reed each contributed eight points while Aldrich scored three points and four rebounds in the 92-60 victory.