Postgame Notes- Kansas vs. Fort Hays State
Nov. 4, 2012
– Made KU’s all-time record in exhibition games 42-9 overall and 36-9 in Allen Fieldhouse.
– Marked the Jayhawks 16th-straight exhibition win.
– Improved Bonnie Henrickson’s record to 17-1 in home exhibition games at Kansas.
– Senior Angel Goodrich scored nine of the Jayhawk’s first 20 points and led with 15 points and three steals in the first half. Goodrich fi nished with a game-high 19 points, six assists and four steals.
– CeCe Harper posted 10 points and Asia Boyd added 12 points. Boyd also collected nine rebounds against the Tigers.
– Carolyn Davis, Boyd, Harper and Goodrich all scored double-figure points.
– KU used the starting lineup of senior Angel Goodrich, sophomore Catherine (Bunny) Williams, senior Monica Engelman, senior Carolyn Davis and sophomore Natalie Knight.
– The Jayhawks are now 7-0 versus Fort Hays in exhibition contests dating back to 2001. In the teams’ last meeting in 2010, KU defeated the Tigers, 83-62.
– Kansas began its first half with a 15-0 run at 13:37 to increase its lead to 33-8 and held Fort Hays without a point for 6:48.
– The Jayhawks earned 16 of their first-half points off of second-chance shots and scored 36 points in the paint.Ten of the 11 players who entered the game scored and four players scored double-figures.
– Kansas had its largest lead of 46 points during the second half at 2:36, 85-39.
– The Jayhawks’ 42 rebounds helped them outscore the Tigers, 22-8, in second-chance point.The KU bench scored 42 of the team’s 88 points.
– Kansas had 24 missed field goals on 34-for-58 shooting, but countered with 16 offensive rebounds.