Kansas Versus Fort Hays State Postgame Notes
Nov. 6, 2007
Kansas Postgame Notes
Vs. Fort Hayes State
Nov. 6, 2007
– Kansas completed its exhibition season 2-0 (defeated Pittsburg State 94-59 on Thursday, Nov. 1). KU won tonight 93-56.
– KU is now 46-7 all-time in exhibition games, including a 42-4 mark in games played in Allen Fieldhouse. KU is now 14-0 in exhibition games under Bill Self, including a 10-0 mark in games played at home.
– This was the third year KU has played Fort Hays State in an exhibition game and the Jayhawks improved to 3-0 against the Tigers in those contests (won 95-41 in 2003-04 and 96-62 in 2005-06).
– KU opened the game on a 14-2 run and then had a 22-3 run to take the game from 16-6 to 38-9 in the first half.
– Both teams opened the game shooting 1-8 before KU made four straight field goal attempts. – Darrell Arthur had 20 points. Last year he had two 20-point games with 22 vs. Oral Roberts and 26 vs. Towson State in games two and three.
– Russell Robinson had 10 assists and his career high is nine vs. Baylor in 2006. The last Jayhawk to record 10 assists in a game was Jeff Hawkins who had 10 vs. Arkansas in the 2005-06 season.
– Robinson also had six rebounds (all in the first half). His career high is eight at Missouri in 2006.
– Mario Chalmers completed the two exhibition games shooting seven of nine from three-point range, including three of four tonight.
– Chalmers had six steals. His career high is six, which he has accomplished seven times.
– Kansas will open its regular season on Friday, Nov. 9 hosting Louisiana at Monroe at 7 p.m.