Nov. 9, 2004
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 88, Fort Hays State 49
November 9, 2004
– Kansas is now 25-8 all-time in exhibition games.
– KU has won 16 of its last 17 exhibition games.
– The Jayhawks are 3-0 all-time against Fort Hays State in exhibition play.
– Freshmen Taylor McIntosh (Wichita, Kan.) and Jamie Boyd (Underwood, Iowa) and junior Heather Hayes (Derby, Kan.) each made their debut in a Jayhawk uniform.
– Had this been a regular season game, junior Kaylee Brown would have set career-highs in points with 17, rebounds with four, field goals with four, free throws with six and tied a career-high with three three-point field goals made.
– Sophomore Alicia Rhymes’ six points, six rebounds, four assists, four blocks and six free-throws would have been career-highs.
– Sophomore Sharita Smith would have set a career-high with five assists and two steals.
– Senior Crystal Kemp would have recorded her eighth double-double and tied a career high with 13 rebounds.
– Kansas’ 12 blocked shots would have been the most since January 24, 2004, against Missouri when the Jayhawks also recorded 12 blocks.