Nov. 16, 2006
Kansas 66 , UMKC 53<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Nov. 16, 2006
– The Jayhawks now lead the series over UMKC, 12-3.
– Bonnie Henrickson is now 3-0 in her career at Kansas against UMKC.
– Kansas is 2-1 in home-opening games under Bonnie Henrickson. Henrickson is now 9-1 in her career in home-openers.
– The starting lineup of senior Shaquina Mosley, freshman Kelly Kohn, freshman Sade Morris, junior Taylor McIntosh and sophomore Marija Zinic has been used for all three regular season games.
– The Jayhawks held UMKC scoreless for the final 8:34 of the first half, going on a 13-0 run in the process.
– UMKC opened the second stanza scoring the first four points, prior to the Jayhawks going on a 10-0 run.
– Freshman guard Kelly Kohn scored nine consecutive points for the Jayhawks late in the second half. Kohn set a career-high with 13 points in the game.
– Kansas secured 11 offensive rebounds leading to 38 points in the paint.
– KU’s 12 steals were their most in a game since their last meeting with UMKC on Dec. 7, 2005.
– UMKC’s was held to just 16 points on 6-of 24 shooting in the first half. The 16 points given up by the Jayhawks in the first half was the fewest points allowed in the first half since February 2, 2005 at Missouri.
– Kansas’ 44.4% shooting from three-point range was its highest percentage from long range since Jan. 10, 2006 against Colorado.
– The Jayhawk’s freshmen scored 17 of the teams last 19 points.
– Kansas forced 25 turnovers converting them into 23 points.
– The Jayhawks assisted on 20 of their 27 field goal makes.