Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Memphis
Nov. 17, 2009
Kansas‘ Win Over Memphis…
…Made KU 2-0 for the third-straight season.
…Improved the KU-Memphis series to 5-2 in favor of the Jayhawks, including the last three meetings.
…Made KU 59-15 against current membership of Conference USA.
…Made Bill Self 171-40 while at Kansas, 378-143 overall and 2-1 against Memphis.
…Made Kansas 1,972-793 all-time.
– Cole Aldrich posted his 23rd career double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds. It was his first of the season.
– Sherron Collins reached double figures in scoring (12 points) for the 70th time in his career.
– Collins tied Adonis Jordan for seventh place on the all-time KU 3-point attempts list. Collins now has 437 career 3-point attempts.
– Collins moved into 23rd place on the all-time KU list for steals. His two steals increased his career total to 109. He moved passed Mark Randall who had 108 (1987, 89-91).
– Xavier Henry reached double figures for his second straight game with 11 points.
– Aldrich increased his career total in blocks to 137 and passed Paul Mokeski for 11th place. (Mokeski 136 blocks (1976-79).
– Kansas trailed only once in the game when the score was 5-4 at 14:09 in the first half.
– KU started the same five as the season-opener (Collins, Taylor, X. Henry, Mk. Morris, Aldrich).