Nov. 23, 2008
Kansas 75, St. Louis 56
November 23, 2008
Kansas‘ win over St. Louis…
– Makes Kansas 3-0 for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
– Gives the Jayhawks a 4-1 mark versus St. Louis all-time.
– Improves KU head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 60-65 at Kansas, 218-127 overall and 2-0 against St. Louis.
– Junior Danielle McCray made a season-high 11 free throws. She also totaled 27 points and 12 rebounds for KU’s first double-double of the season. McCray, who has eight double-doubles for her career, has scored 10 or more points in six straight outings dating back to last season.
– Junior LaChelda Jacobs dished out a team-high five assists and has led the team in assists in all three games so far this year. The Mansfield, Texas, native also pulled down a season-high five rebounds.
– Junior Porscha Weddington turned in a career performance with a personal-best 12 points in a career-high 35 minutes on the court. The 6-1 forward also tied a career high with four blocks, the most by a Jayhawk this season.
– Jacobs, McCray and Morris have all scored in double figures in all three contests so far this season.
– Sophomore Nicollette Smith earned the first start of her career at St. Louis.
– Senior Marija Zinic pulled down a personal season-high five rebounds.
– Four Kansas starters tallied double-digit points for the Jayhawks. KU has had three or more players with double figure points in all three games this season.
– Kansas turned the ball over just 13 times during the contest and average 14.0 turnovers per game. In 2008-09 the Jayhawks committed an average of 19.4 turnovers per game.
– The Jayhawks finished 18-for-22 from the free throw line for a season-best .818 shooting at the charity stripe.
– KU limited St. Louis to just 25 points in the second half, the fewest points by a Jayhawks opponent this season.
– The Jayhawks out-blocked the Billikens by a 9-1 margin.