Kansas Postgame Notes vs. Missouri
Nov. 27, 2010
Missouri 35, Kansas 7
Kansas City, Mo. – Nov. 27, 2010
Kansas’ Loss to Missouri…
… Was KU’s 16th loss in its last 19 games after winning its first five games of the 2009 season.
… Dropped KU to 1-4 against Missouri over the last five years.
… Dropped the Jayhawks to 3-9 overall and 1-7 in the Big 12.
… Gave Kansas a 1-3 record against Missouri in games played at Arrowhead Stadium
… Marked KU’s 10th-straight loss away from Memorial Stadium.
… Was less good than a win.
– Kansas wore white helmets with all-white uniforms for the first time since 1978.
– In the first quarter, junior defensive tackle Patrick Dorsey recorded his first sack of the season and second of his career.
– Kansas tallied a season-high four sacks in the game: One each by Patrick Dorsey, Jake Laptad, Richard Johnson and Toben Opurum. Dorsey and Opurum both recorded their first of the season.
– Laptad’s sack gave him 4.5, which leads the team. It also marked the 21st of his career, which is the second-most all-time by a Jayhawk.
– KU’s four sacks were the most in a game since the team recorded five sacks at Texas Tech last season.
– Kansas RB James Sims scored his ninth rushing touchdown of the season, which is the most by a Jayhawk since Jake Sharp had 12 rushing touchdowns in 2008. It’s also the most rushing touchdowns by a freshman since June Henley rushed for 13 in 1993.
– Kansas sophomore CB Greg Brown recorded an interception in the second quarter, marking the first of his career and the sixth this season by KU.
– Kansas QB Jordan Webb completed seven passes to seven different receivers.
– Kansas sophomore KR D.J. Beshears recorded 54 yards in kick returns Saturday, giving him the single-season record for return yardage with 922.
– Kansas sophomore Bradley McDougald recorded an interception in the third quarter, which marked his first of the season and second of his career. It was the second time this season that KU has had multiple interceptions in a game (2, vs. Colorado).
– Jayhawk P Alonso Rojas recorded a 50-yard punt in the fourth quarter, giving him 14 punts of 50-plus yards this season. He had at least one punt of 50-plus yards in each game except for the Colorado game.
– Kansas LB Steven Johnson tallied a career-high 13 tackles on Saturday against Missouri.
– Kansas LB Drew Dudley’s nine tackles were a season-high.
– Kansas Assistant SID Beau White is working his 110th Jayhawk football game.