Kansas WBB Postgame Notes
Nov. 29, 2006
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Kansas 75, Western Illinois 63<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Nov. 29, 2006
– The Jayhawks now lead the series over Western Illinois, 2-1.
– Bonnie Henrickson now owns a 2-0 career record against Western Illinois
– The Jayhawks extended their regular season winning streak against non-conference opponents to 17 games.
– The Jayhawks were able to secure the lead for good after going on a 14-3 run spanning from the 3:23 mark in the first half to the 16:42 mark in the second half.
– The 75 points scored for the Jayhawks was their high water mark on the season.
– Junior forward Jamie Boyd set a career-high with 10 points. Boyd was perfect from the field going 5-5.
– Freshman forward Danielle McCray led the Jayhawks in scoring with 15 points. This marks the third consecutive game that a freshman has led KU in scoring. McCray’s 15 points was a season-high.
– Freshman guard LaChelda Jacobs also recorded a season-high in points with 14.
– The Jayhawks shot 59.6% (28-47) from the field. This marks the highest shooting percentage for the Jayhawks since they shot 64% from the field against Cal St.Fullerton on Dec. 6, 2003.
– Kansas is now 12-2 under Bonnie Henrickson when they score between 70-79 points.
– The Jayhawks were able to score 27 points off of Western Illinois’ 20 turnovers.
– Kansas attempted 28 free-throws which was the most attempts since they shot 28 free-throws against Colorado on Jan. 10, 2006.
– The Kansas bench outscored the Western Illinois bench by a 47-16 margin.