Nov. 30, 2004
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 67 , Denver 44
November 30, 2004
Kansas’ Win Over Denver…
…Makes KU 2-1 all-time against Denver.
…Gives KU a three-game winning streak.
…Makes head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record 3-1 at KU and 161-63 in her career.
…Makes the Jayhawks 600-399 all-time.
– Kansas became the 30th team in women’s Division I-A basketball history to win 600 games.
– Senior Aquanita Burras started her 61st straight game. She has started every game of her KU career.
– Junior Erica Hallman’s 17 points and five rebounds were season-highs.
– Senior Aquanita Burras knocked down her first three-point basket of the season.
– The Pioneers’ 15 points in the first half were the lowest by any KU opponent in a single half this season.
– Kansas recorded season highs for points in a game (67), points in a half (41), three-point field goals made (seven), three-point field goals attempted (18), field goals made (27), field goal percentage (50.9), three-point percentage (38.9), free throw percentage (66.7), steals (11) and assists (15).
– Sophomore Sharita Smith’s three steals marked a career-high.
– Junior Kaylee Brown recorded career-highs in points (11), steals (3) and blocked shots (1).
– Junior Heather Hayes saw her first action as a Jayhawk.
– Freshman Jamie Boyd’s five points, four rebounds and three steals marked career-highs.