Dec. 4, 2004
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 81, Pacific 70
December 4, 2004
Kansas’ win over Pacific…
…Makes Kansas 4-0 for the first time since the 2000-01 season.
…Moves the all-time series to 3-0 in favor of the Jayhawks.
…Is the Jayhawks’ 11th-straight home win.
…Makes Bill Self 28-9 at KU, 235-114 overall.
…Is Bill Self’s second win over Pacific.
…Gives KU a 13-3 record in its last 16 games.
…Makes the Jayhawks 1,828-762 all-time.
– Senior Keith Langford recorded a season-high 21points and a career-high seven assists.
– Senior Aaron Miles recorded season-highs in points with 19 and steals with six .
– With 12 points today, senior Wayne Simien (1,136 points) moved past Wayne Hightower for 33rd on KU’s all-time scoring list.
– Simien’s 15 boards moves him into 16th place all-time on the career rebounds list. At 649 he is one shy of Greg Dreiling’s total of 650.
– Miles’ three three-point field goals tied a career-high.
– Junior Christian Moody’s seven points tied a career-high.
– Simien’s 15 rebounds were a season-high.
– Simien (12 points, 15 rebounds) recorded his 26th career double-double. He has had a double-double in each of Kansas’ first four games.
– Kansas had a season-high 14 steals, which marks the third straight game the Jayhawks have collected 10 or more steals.
– Freshman Darnell Jackson’s five rebounds marked a career-high.
– Kansas’ free throw attempts (17), made free throws (nine) and free throw percentage (52.9) are season-lows.
– Pacific’s 70 points, 42.6 percent field goal shooting, 26 made field goals, 42.1 three-point field goal percentage and 15 assists are opponent season-highs.
– Miles’ four first half steals are the most by a KU player in one half since he accomplished the same feat in the second half against UC-Santa Barbara on Dec. 20, 2003.