Dec. 6, 2009
Kansas 73, at UCLA 61
December 6, 2009
Kansas‘ win versus UCLA…
… Makes Kansas 7-0 for the third time in the Bill Self era (2004-05, 2007-08).
… Gives Kansas a 2-0 record away from home, including 1-0 in true road games.
… Makes the KU-UCLA series 10-5 in favor of UCLA.
… Makes Bill Self 176-40 while at Kansas, 383-145 overall and 1-1 against UCLA.
… Makes Kansas 1,977-793 all time.
– Kansas shot 70.6 from the free throw line in its third game this season shooting over 70 percent from the charity stripe.
– KU held UCLA to 36.1 percent shooting from the field. Eighty-one straight opponents have shot under 50 percent versus the Jayhawks. No team has shot more than 40 percent on KU this season.
– The KU bench outscored UCLA’s bench 24-10.
– Markieff Morris scored a career-high 19 points while making a career-best eight field goals and attempting a career-high 11 shots. His eight field goals also ties the season high by a Jayhawk this season.
– Marcus Morris finished with nine rebounds, two shy of his career best and his second-straight game with seven-plus boards.
– Cole Aldrich finished with three blocks and has at least three blocked shots in every game this season.
– Aldrich also had a team-high 12 rebounds for his third-straight contest with 10-plus boards. Aldrich had three blocked shots and has had at least three in every game this season.
– Senior Sherron Collins scored 14 points in his third-straight game with 10-plus points and sixth time in seven games this season. Collins is just three points shy of KU legend Wilt Chamberlain for the 21st spot on career scoring list.
– Freshman Xavier Henry netted 16 points and has double-digit points in every game this season.