Dec. 8, 2004
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 58, Western Illinois 41
December 8, 2004
Kansas’ win over Western Illinois…
…Makes KU 4-3 for the first time since 2002-03.
…Makes KU 1-1 all-time against Western Illinois.
…Snaps a two-game losing streak.
…Gives the Jayhawks a 4-2 record at home this season.
…Makes head coach Bonnie Henrickson’s record 4-3 at KU and 162-65 in her career.
…Makes the Jayhawks 601-401 all-time.
– Senior Aquanita Burras started her 63rd straight game. She has started every game of her KU career.
– Western Illinois’ 13 first half points were the lowest by a Jayhawk opponent this season.
– Kansas has now held six of its seven opponents to under 30 points in the first half and four of its last five to under 20 points.
– Freshman Taylor McIntosh recorded her second double-digit rebound game of her career.
– Kansas outrebounded the Westerwinds 37-36 making it the third time this season the Jayhawks have collected more boards than their opponent.
– Western Illinois’ 26.7 percent field goal shooting was the lowest by a KU opponent this season.
– Sophomore Sharita Smith tied season-highs in field goals and rebounds with two.
– Junior Kaylee Brown recorded a career-high four assists and tied a career-high with two rebounds.
– Freshman Jamie Boyd recorded her first career block.
– Junior Erica Hallman tied season-highs with six assists and three steals.