Dec. 9, 2010
December 9, 2010
– KU dropped to 8-1, snapping an eight-game season-opening win streak. This is the second time KU has posted an 8-1 opening in the last four seasons.
– The Jayhawks are 26-17 all-time against the Big 10 Conference, including a 1-1 mark this season.
– Kansas, as well as head coach Bonnie Henrickson is 1-1 against Michigan all-time. Henrickson now holds an 8-8 overall record in the Big 10.
– Henrickson is now 104-96 at KU and 262-158 for her career.
– Kansas women’s basketball is now 701-494 all-time.
– The Jayhawks used a 9-0 run that went from 15:09 to 8:30 in the first half to break away for a 21-11 lead.
– The Wolverines were held scoreless in the first half for 7:21.
– Michigan opened the second half with a 9-0. The Jayhawks did not score until 16:26 when Monica Engelman made two free throws. Kansas made just two shots from the field in the first eight minutes of the second half.
– The 41-28 halftime lead was first halftime lead KU has blown this season.
– Kansas used the lineup of guards Keena Mays, Monica Engelman, Diara Moore and forwards Aishah Sutherland and Carolyn Davis in both halves.
– Freshman guard Keena Mays led the Jayhawks with 10 points and seven assists at the half on 4-of-5 shooting from the field (2-for-2 from the three).
– Mays finished with a career-high 10 assists for her first career double-double.
– Carolyn Davis finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds for her first double-double of the season and the seventh of her career.
– Sophomore guard Monica Engelman made three three-pointers to tie her season high and was one shy of matching her career-high.
– Engelman scored 12 in the second half to lead KU, and finished with a game-high 19.