Dec. 11, 2010
Kansas 76, Colorado State 55
Dec. 11, 2010 – Kansas City, Mo.
KU’s Win Over Colorado State…
… Makes the Jayhawks 9-0 for the second straight season and the fourth time in the Bill Self era.
… Makes Kansas 1-0 against Colorado State all-time, and 18-4 against current members of the Mountain West Conference.
… Improves the Jayhawks to 10-2 in games played in the Sprint Center and 195-76 all-time in games played in Kansas City.
… Gives KU its fifth-straight win in the Sprint Center, dating back to a 61-60 loss to Massachusetts on Dec. 13, 2008.
… Makes Bill Self 211-43 while at Kansas, 418-148 all-time and 2-1 versus Colorado State.
… Makes KU 2,012-796 all-time.
– Kansas wore crimson uniforms for the first time this year during the regular season. The Jayhawks also wore crimson in their exhibition contest against Emporia State earlier this season. The last time KU wore crimson during a regular season game was in a 98-31 win over Alcorn State on Dec. 2, 2009.
– Kansas junior F Markieff Morris scored 12 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, giving him his fifth career double-double and third of the season.
– Markieff Morris recorded six offensive rebounds, passing his previous career high of five against Kansas State on March 3, 2010. Six offensive rebounds are the most by a Jayhawk this year.
– Markieff Morris also had three blocked shots, which was a season high.
– KU out-rebounded Colorado State 50-30, which was the largest rebound margin in favor of the Jayhawks this season. The last time KU was at least plus-20 in rebounding margin was when KU was plus-28 against Missouri on Jan. 25 of last year.
– Kansas G Tyrel Reed’s 10 three-point attempts were the most by a Jayhawk this season.
– Reed hit his 120th career three-point field goal in the game, which moves him to sole possession of 15th place on KU’s all-time list.
– Kansas G Tyshawn Taylor’s two blocked shots matched a career high. His only other game with two blocks was against Oklahoma on Feb. 22, 2010.
– Taylor recorded two steals, giving him his 100th career theft.
– KU set season highs in free throw attempts (31), offensive rebounds (18) and total rebounds (50). The team tied season highs in three-point attempts (23), blocked shots (10) and fouls (19).
– The Jayhawks also set season-lows in points (76), field goals (25), field goal percentage (46.3), two-point field goals (17), two-point field goal attempts (31) and assists (13). The team tied season lows in points in a half (35) and field attempted (54).
– KU shot under 50 percent for the first time this season (46.3 percent).