Kansas 75, UC-Riverside 60 Postgame Notes
Dec. 20, 2009
LAWRENCE, Kan. –
Kansas 75, UC Riverside 60
Dec. 20, 2009
Kansas‘ Win Over UC Riverside…
… Makes the Jayhawks 8-2 this season
… Gives Kansas a 353-150 record at Allen Fieldhouse
… Improves the Jayhawks to 71-20 against non-conference foes under head coach Bonnie Henrickson
… Makes Kansas 2-0 all-time against the Highlanders and 9-6 against the Big West Conference
… Improves Kansas head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 87-81 at Kansas and 245-143 overall
… Makes Kansas 684-479 all-time
– Kansas outrebounded UC Riverside, 45-23, for a plus 22 margin. The +22 margin is the best by a KU team since Dec. 30, 2002 when the Jayhawks outrebounded Hampton 55-29 for a +26 margin.
– KU’s 19 offensive rebounds against UC Riverside are a season-high.
– The Jayhawks outscored UC Riverside 24-9 in second-chance points.
– Kansas senior Danielle McCray scored a season-high 30 points on 11-for-21 shooting from the field. It marked the first time the senior has tallied 30 points or more since she scored 31 against Illinois State in the WNIT last season.
– McCray’s 11 field goals were a season-high, while her four three-point field goals matched a season high.
– McCray moved up on career lists in three categories Sunday. She moved into seventh-place all-time at KU with 363 field goals made, fifth-place in field goals attempted (1485) and second in three-point field goals made (184).
– Kansas sophomore Aishah Sutherland matched a season high with four rebounds on the offensive glass, and had seven for the game.
– Kansas freshman Monica Engelman matched a season high with three field goals made, while her six points were her second-highest total of the season.
– KU junior transfer Marisha Brown set season highs in points (five) and rebounds (four).