Dec. 22, 2005
Kansas Postgame Notes<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Kansas 85, Northern Colorado 62
December 22, 2005
Kansas’ win over Northern Colorado
… Gives KU a 4-1 record in Allen Fieldhouse this season, 154-9 since 1994-95 and 570-103 overall.
… Gives Bill Self a 53-20 record while at Kansas, 260-125 overall and 1-0 versus Northern Colorado.
… Makes Kansas 1,854-773 all-time.
- Kansas used a new starting lineup of senior guard Jeff Hawkins, sophomore guard Russell Robinson, sophomore center Sasha Kaun, freshman guard Brandon Rush and senior forward Christian Moody (his first start of the season).
- Moody tied season highs with four field goals, two assists and one block.
- Sophomore Darnell Jackson saw his first action of the season and set career highs in points (12), rebounds (six), field goal attempts (eight), free throws (six) and minutes played (19) and tied career highs with three field goals, two steals and one assist.
- Jackson tied a team season high free throw percentage with his six-of-six performance from the free throw line.
- Russell Robinson set a career high with six assists.
- Jeremy Case had career highs with 11 points, four field goals, three three-point field goals and 11 minutes and set season highs with five field goal attempts and four three-point attempts.
- Jeff Hawkins tied season highs with three field goals and two free throw attempts.
- Freshman Julian Wright set season highs with seven rebounds and six field goals.
- Rodrick Stewart scored his first points as a Jayhawk.
- Freshman Brandon Rush and Case tied a team season high with three three-point field goals and Rush’s three treys tied his own season high.
- Northern Colorado’s Cory Lowe had a KU opponent season high six offensive rebounds.
- UNC’s Matt Kline tied KU opponent season bests for free throw percentage with 6-of-6 shooting from the charity stripe and seven assists.
- The Jayhawks held the Bears to 17 defensive rebounds, a season low for a KU opponent. Northern Colorado also tied season opponent lows with no blocks and three steals.