Postgame Notes: Kansas at California
Dec. 21, 2012
KANSAS STARTERS (CAREER/SEASON):
– Angel Goodrich (87-11), Monica Engelman (79-11), Tania Jackson (21-9), Carolyn Davis (81-11) and Natalie Knight (45-11).
– Gave the Jayhawks their second defeat of the season for a 9-2 record.
– Brought Bonnie Henrickson’s record to 147-123 at KU (9th season) and her career record to 305-185.
– Fell to 1-4 against California and narrowed KU’s lead to 47-46 against current Pac 12 teams. The Jayhawks have played 88 of their Pac 12 games against, former Big 12 member, Colorado and lead the series 35-33.
– Dropped the Jayhawks all-time record to 744-521 and its all-time non-conference record to 324-149.
– Moved Henrickson’s Kansas record against Top-25 teams to 8-50, including a 2-19 record against teams ranked in the Top-10.
– Within the first three minutes of play, Cal had a 13-2 run that ended after 3:55 with a three-point shot from Goodrich for a 17-15 score.
– The Bears are the first Jayhawk opponent to score a first-half high of 42 points. Arkansas, KU’s first loss of the season, scored 33 points December 16th.
– During the first twenty minutes of play, Cal secured its largest first-half lead with 7 points once at the 14:56 mark, 15-8, and also going into halftime, 42-35.
– Kansas had its only lead 1:33 into the game by four points, 8-4, and tied Cal once at 9:48, 19-19.
– Four Jayhawks scored double figures against Cal and marked the fifth time for KU this season.
– KU finished with its highest season free-throw percentage (87.5) and shot 14-16 from the line.
-Sophomore Natalie Knight broke her three-point season high sinking three from beyond the arc, two of which she scored 1:37 into game. She also tied her season high of 13 points and added four assists for her team.
– Senior guard Monica Engelman tied her season high of 5 assists and posted eight points, two shy of her 1,000th career point.
– Senior guard Angel Goodrich led her team in points tying her season high of 21, including two three-point shots, and finished with five assists.
– Senior forward Carolyn Davis scored 11 of her 16 points in the first half.
– Sophomore forward Chelsea Gardner chipped in 12 points for Kansas and was the fourth Jayhawk to finish with double digits.
– Junior guard CeCe Harper scored her second three of the season and finished with three points.