Dec. 23, 2010
Kansas 78, California 63
December 22, 2010
… Makes Kansas 11-0 for the second-straight season and fourth time in the Bill Self era.
… Makes KU 5-0 in games away from Allen Fieldhouse this season, yet 1-0 in true road games.
… Gives Kansas its 10th-straight win against California and makes the all-time series 16-3 in favor of the Jayhawks.
… Makes Kansas 4-0 against the Pac-10 this season and 11-4 against the conference in the Bill Self era.
… Makes Bill Self 213-43 while at Kansas, 420-148 all-time and 3-0 versus California.
… Improves Kansas to 2,014-796 all-time.
– Kansas used the starting lineup of Tyshawn Taylor, Marcus Morris, Travis Releford, Brady Morninstar and Tyrel Reed for the second-straight game.
– KU shot a season-high 83.3 percent (15-for-18) from the free throw line.
– The Jayhawks outshot their opponents for the 10th time this year, hitting 45.2 percent of their shots compared to Cal’s 35.1 percent.
– Kansas’ bench matched a season high with 46 points.
– KU committed a season-high 25 fouls in the game.
– Markieff Morris finished with his fourth double-double of the season and fifth of his career pouring in a career-high 21 points to go along with 10 rebounds in 31 minutes of play, also a career best. He has 10-plus points nine times this season.
– Tyrel Reed had a career night with 18 points and seven rebounds, both personal bests.
– Reed also sank three three-pointers, the seventh time this season he has recorded multiple treys.
– In just his second appearance of the season, freshman Josh Selby contributed 18 points in a season-high 34 minutes of floor time and dished a personal-best four assists.
– Junior Tyshawn Taylor led KU with five assists. He has dished five or more assists eight times so far this season.