Dec. 29, 2010
Kansas 82, UT-Arlington 57
Dec. 29, 2010 – Lawrence, Kan.
KU’s Win Over UT-Arlington…
… Improved the Jayhawks to 12-0 for the second-straight season and fourth time in the Bill Self era.
… Made KU 7-0 in Allen Fieldhouse this season to extend the nation’s longest active home court winning streak to 66 games.
… Moved the KU-UT-Arlington series 1-0 in favor of the Jayhawks.
… Made Kansas 4-0 against current members of the Southland Conference.
… Improved Kansas to 658-106 all-time in Allen Fieldhouse, including 120-6 under Bill Self.
… Made Coach Self 214-43 while at Kansas, 421-148 all-time and 1-0 vs. UT-Arlington.
… Moved Kansas to 2,015-796 all-time.
– Kansas started the lineup of G Josh Selby, F Thomas Robinson, G Elijah Johnson, F Markieff Morris and G Tyrel Reed for the first time this season. Selby made his first career start, Robinson made his second career start (last year at Nebraska), while Johnson made his third career start (vs. Radford and LaSalle last year).
– During the first half, KU went on a 19-6 run over an eight-minute, 15-second span to turn a five-point deficit into a 10-point lead.
– KU pulled away with a 15-2 run over a five-minute span in the second half, turning a five-point lead into an 18-point lead.
– KU’s 82 points were the most since it scored 87 against Arizona on Nov. 27, 2010.
– Kansas F Thomas Robinson set a career high with 20 points, and matched a season-high with 10 rebounds. The sophomore tallied his third career double-double and second of the season (10 points, 10 rebounds vs. Memphis).
– Robinson’s eight field goals were also a career high, while his six offensive rebounds ties the most by a Jayhawk this season (Markieff Morris vs. Colorado State).
– Robinson is averaging 9.0 rebounds per game in his five games.
– Jayhawk G Elijah Johnson matched a career high with 11 points. Johnson accomplished this on three three-point field goals, which also set a career high.
– Johnson’s five assists were his highest total since he recorded seven against Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
– Johnson’s assist-to-turnover ratio is now 26-to-8 (3.25 to 1).
– Kansas G Tyrel Reed now has 304 three-point attempts, which ties Paul Pierce for 18th on KU’s all-time list.
– Kansas F Marcus Morris scored his 900th career point in the game.
– KU set a season high with 24 three-point attempts.
– UT-Arlington’s 25 rebounds are the fewest by an opponent this season, and the fewest since Colorado recorded 25 rebounds on Feb. 20, 2010.
– Kansas F Niko Roberts saw his first action since the Ohio game (Nov. 26).
– Kansas G Tyshawn Taylor is 10-of-12 from the free throw line in his last four games.