Dec. 31, 2008
Kansas 73, Houston 56
December 31, 2008
Kansas‘ win over Western Illinois…
– Makes Kansas 9-2 to close out the 2008 portion of its schedule.
-Gives the Jayhawks a 5-0 mark versus Houston all-time.
-Makes KU 11-1 all-time versus Conference USA.
-Makes Kansas 6-0 in Allen Fieldhouse this year.
-Improves KU head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 66-67 at Kansas, 223-130 overall and 1-1 against Houston.
-Makes Kansas 662-465 all time.
– Senior Ivana Catic recorded her first start of the season.
– Sophomore Krysten Boogaard recorded a career-high three steals. She also had a season-high 10 rebounds and three blocks. She was two points shy of a double-double.
– Junior Danielle McCray scored 20 or more points for the fifth time this season and 12th time for her career. Her 11 field goals were the second most this year and most since she made 12 against Sacred Heart in the season opener.
– Catic grabbed a season-high five rebounds.
– Sade Morris recorded five assists tying her season high against Marquette on December 7, 2008.
– Junior LaChelda Jacobs and Ivana Catic both had six assists apiece.
– Houston shot 33.3 percent from the field. Kansas has held all but one opponent to under 40 percent shooting this season.
– Kansas’ seven three pointers were its most in four games.
– Kansas outrebounded Houston 42-40 and has outboarded each of its last three opponents and eight foes this season.
– With its 19 assists, Kansas has 41 assists in its last two games.