MATCH PREVIEW: at No. 3 Baylor
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas travels to Waco, Texas to play No. 3 Baylor in the Ferrell Center Wednesday, Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.
The Jayhawks last competed at TCU, dropping the four-set match against the Horned Frogs. The KU attack was led by Morgan Christon, who finished with a team-high 13 kills, while senior middle blocker Zoe Hill registered 12 kills and six blocks.
Hill finished the week with 13 total blocks and averaged 1.86 blocks per set en route to being named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week. In addition to her defensive performance, the Houston, Texas native finished with 22 kills on only 36 attempts, while recording only two attack errors.
No. 3 Baylor last played against Texas Tech Nov. 9, sweeping the Red Raiders in Lubbock, Texas. Yossiana Pressley led the Bear attack, registering a team-high 17 kills. Hannah Lockin registered a double-double in the match against TTU, finishing with a team-high 42 assists and 14 digs and was named Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Week.
Fans can watch the match on the Big 12 Now // ESPN+ or listen on the Jayhawk Radio Network with Nick Springer calling the action.
|Date/Time:||Nov. 13 at 7 p.m.|
|Opponent||No. 3 Baylor|
|Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
2019 vs BAYLOR
- Kansas welcomed then-No. 2 Baylor Sept. 28 for the first Big 12 match in the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena. The Bears earned a three-set victory over the Jayhawks. The KU offense was led by Rachel Langs, who tallied a team-high seven kills in the match. Junior Sara Nielsen finished with 20 assists and was second on the team with five kills.
2018 VS. BAYLOR
- Kansas and Baylor split the 2018 series between the two Big 12 schools. KU clipped then-No. 23 Baylor in four sets on Oct. 6, 2018, in the Horejsi Family Athletics Center. In the second meeting, Baylor earned a three-set victory over the Jayhawks on Oct. 27. Then-junior Ashley Smith was the team leader with 13 kills, while Audri Suter finished with a team-high 14 digs.
BIG 12 DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK | ZOE HILL
- Zoe Hill was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week Nov. 11. Hill, a senior middle blocker, finished with 13 total blocks in two matches against Texas Tech and TCU, which led the Big 12 from Nov. 3-10. Hill also added two double-digit kill performances and finished the week with a .556 attack percentage (22-2-36).
OPPONENT PREVIEW | BAYLOR
- No. 3 Baylor holds a 20-1 overall record and a 9-1 record in Big 12 play. The Bears have a four-consecutive match winning streak, and have only one loss against then-No. 4 Texas on Oct. 23 this season.
- The Baylor offense is led by Yossiana Pressley, who has a team-high 363 kills and averages 5.99 kills per set. Shelly Stafford is the only other Bear to have 175 kills-or-more this season (178), and is second on the team with 2.62 kills per set. Aiding the Bear attack is Hannah Lockin, who is the team leader with 777 assists and averages 11.43 assists per set.
- Kara McGhee is the team leader in blocks per set (1.30) and has a team-high 87 blocks. Stafford is second on the team with 69 total blocks and averages 1.01 blocks per set. Tara Wulf boasts a team-best 3.31 digs per set with Lockin a close second with 2.96 digs per set.
- Kansas hosts Kansas State for the Lawrence edition of the Dillons Sunflower Showdown Saturday, Nov. 16 at 1 p.m. in the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena.