MATCH PREVIEW: at Oklahoma
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas continues Big 12 action in Norman, Oklahoma against the Oklahoma Sooners in McCasland Field House Saturday Oct. 5 at 5 p.m.
The Jayhawks enter the match 0-2 in Big 12 play and last competed in Ames, Iowa against Iowa State, falling to the Cyclones in three sets. Freshman Morgan Christon boasted a career-high 14 kills in the match and was the team leader in kills and attack percentage against ISU.
Seniors Zoe Hill and Ashley Smith lead the Kansas attack. Smith is the team leader in kills per set (2.35 K/S), while Hill is a close second with 2.30 kills per set. Sara Nielsen has a team-best 8.98 assists per set and has 359 assists this season.
Fans can watch the match on SoonerSports.com/Watch or listen on the Jayhawk Radio Network with Nick Springer calling the action.
|Date/Time:||October 5 / 5 p.m.|
|Location||McCasland Field House|
|Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
2019 BIG 12 SLATE
- Kansas opened Big 12 play against then-No. 2 Oklahoma and dropped a three-set match in the first conference match in the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena.
• The Jayhawks continued Big 12 play at Iowa State Oct. 2 where Morgan Christon tallied a season-high and career-high 14 kills on 31 attempts.
BIG 12 STATISTICS (10/4/2019)
- Kansas ranks second in the Big 12 in blocks per set (2.68) and has 98 blocks this season.
- Kailea Carrier (28 | 1.22 blocks per set) and Rachel Langs (28 | 1.22 blocks per set) are tied for third in the Big 12 standings in blocks per set.
- Allie Nelson is sixth in the Big 12 in digs per set (3.76) and has 139 digs this season.
OPPONENT PREVIEW: OKLAHOMA
- Oklahoma enters its third match in Big 12 play with a 2-1 record and ranks third in the conference. The Sooners boast a 10-4 record on the season and recently dropped a match in three-sets to No. 1 Baylor on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
- Ashlynn Dunbar leads the OU attack with 3.40 kills per set and boasts a team-high 153 kills this season. Paige Anderson joins Dunbar with over 100 kills this season and has 120 kills, averaging 2.35 kills per set. Kylee McLaughlin aids the Oklahoma attack and has a team-best 10.18 assists per set (570).
- Defensively, Abby Butler averages a team-high 1.42 blocks per set, but Brianna Kadiku is the team leader in blocks (60.0). Keyton Kinley is one of four Sooners to have over 100 digs this season, but is the only over 200 (255), averaging a team-high 5.20 digs this season.
2018 VS. OKLAHOMA
- Kansas and Oklahoma split the 2018 series between the two schools with KU beating OU in Norman, Oklahoma (3-2) and the Sooners earning the win in the Lawrence edition (3-2).