MATCH PREVIEW: at TCU
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas continues its second half of the 2019 Big 12 slate at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas Saturday Nov. 9 at 5 p.m. in the TCU University Recreation Center.
Kansas last competed against Texas Tech Wednesday, Nov. 6, earning a three-set sweep of the Red Raiders. Morgan Christon led the Kansas attack with 11 kills, while senior Zoe Hill was a close second with 10 kills. Hill also was the team leader in blocks, finishing with six.
In the match against TTU, Allie Nelson recorded six digs and moved into seventh place in program history for career digs. The senior from Chicago, Illinois has 1,190 career digs and is the team leader with 256 digs this season.
TCU enters the contest after losing its last match at Kansas State in five sets. TCU lost its previous two matches and last won against West Virginia Oct. 24, sweeping the Mountaineers.
Fans can listen to the match on the Jayhawk Radio Network with Nick Springer calling the action.
|Date/Time:||Nov. 9 at 5 p.m.|
|Location||TCU University Recreation Center|
|Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
2019 vs TCU
- Kansas earned its second Big 12 victory of the season Oct. 19 when it swept TCU in the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena. Ashley Smith and Morgan Christon each finished with a team-high 12 kills, while Sara Nielsen tallied 34 assists. As a team, the Jayhawks earned 12 blocks to TCU’s five.
2018 VS. TCU
- Kansas and TCU split the 2018 series between the two schools. KU won in four sets against the Horned Frogs in Lawrence, Kansas, and dropped the match in Fort Worth, Texas in three sets.
OPPONENT PREVIEW: TCU
- TCU enters its match with Kansas 7-13 overall and 2-8 in Big 12 play. The Horned Frogs recently lost a five-set battle at Kansas State Nov. 2.
- The Horned Frog attack is led by Audrey Nalls, who boasts a team-high 216 kills and 3.09 kills per set. Katie Clark is the only other TCU player with 175 kills-or-more, and has 180 on the season (2.65 kills per set). Aiding the TCU offense is McKenzie Nichols, who boasts a team-best 6.96 assists per set. Nichols is also the team leader in assists (473), while Irem Ucar is the only other with 200-or-more assists (203).
- Four Horned Frogs have amassed over 100 digs this season with Berklie Baker being the team leader in digs (181) and digs per set (2.59). Afedo Manyang is the only player averaging more than a block per set (1.05) and has 41 blocks this season.
- Kansas travels to Waco, Texas to compete against No. 3 Baylor Wednesday Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. in the Ferrell Center.