🏐 MATCH PREVIEW: vs Iowa State (Senior Day)
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas returns to the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena for the final home match of the season against Iowa State Nov. 27 at 6:30 p.m. The match will be the Jayhawks’ Senior Night, which will honor Zoe Hill, Jacqui Mostrom, Allie Nelson and Ashley Smith prior to, and after the match against the Cyclones.
KU last competed at then-No. 1 Texas Nov. 23, falling in four sets to the Longhorns in Austin, Texas. Ashley Smith finished with a match-high, and season-high 16 kills, while Sara Nielsen logged her sixth double-double (34 assists, 11 digs) of the season.
Iowa State last played at Texas Tech Nov. 20 and lost to the Red Raiders in four sets. Iowa State enters the match 17-9 overall and 8-6 in Big 12 play.
Fans can watch the match on Big 12 Now on ESPN+ or listen to the match on the Jayhawk Radio Network.
|Date/Time:||Nov. 27 at 6:30 p.m.|
|Location||Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena|
|Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
|Watch||Big 12 Now // ESPN+|
2018 VS. IOWA STATE
- In the two matches last season between the two Big 12 schools, Iowa State beat Kansas in each contest.
- The final match between the schools in 2018 featured then-junior Ashley Smith leading the Kansas attack with 14 kills, while a trio of Jayhawks finished with a team-high 10 digs.
2019 VS. IOWA STATE
- Kansas traveled to Ames, Iowa Oct. 2, falling in three sets to the Cyclones. Morgan Christon led the Kansas attack with 14 kills, while Sara Nielsen finished with 28 assists. The match was the second match of the Big 12 slate for the Jayhawks
OPPONENT PREVIEW: IOWA STATE
- Iowa State enters the match 17-9 overall and 8-6 in Big 12 play. The Cyclones are 2-1 in their last three matches, including a sweep over Kansas State and a four-set win over Oklahoma.
The ISU offense is led by Eleanor Halthaus, who is the team leader in kills per set (3.24) and kills (308). Three other Cyclones have amassed 200-or-more kills this season, including attack percentage leader Candelaria Herrera (.321). Aiding the Iowa State offense is Piper Mauck, who has a team-high 906 assists this season and averages 10.41 assists per set.
The ISU defense averages 2.21 blocks per set and is led by Avery Rhodes’ 1.08 blocks per set. Rhodes (103) is the only Cyclone with 100-or-more blocks this season. Four have tallied 200-or-more digs this season with Izzy Enna leading the way with 297 digs and a team-high 3.13 digs per set.
- Kansas travels to Morgantown, West Virginia to play its regular-season finale against West Virginia Nov. 30 at 12 p.m. (CT).