MATCH PREVIEW: vs TCU
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas hosts TCU Saturday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m. in the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena for its annual Jayhawks for the Cure match.
The Jayhawks last played at Texas Tech Oct. 16, dropping a five-set, back-and-forth battle against the Red Raiders. Despite winning two of the first three sets, KU was unable to overcome the Big 12 foe in Lubbock, Texas.
In the match against the Red Raiders, Camyrn Ennis led the KU attack, finishing with a team-high 13 kills with 11 digs. Ennis’ performance was her second double-double of the season and her second in as many matches.
Junior setter Sara Nielsen finished with a team-best 39 assists while adding seven digs, and topped 30-or-more assists for the seventh time this season. Allie Nelson recorded 15 digs against the Red Raiders, reaching 200 digs this season and 1,130 for her career.
Fans can watch the match on ESPN+ // Big 12 Now or listen on the Jayhawk Radio Network with Nick Springer calling the action.
|Date/Time:||October 19 / 1 p.m.|
|Location||Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena|
|Watch||ESPN+ // Big 12 Now|
|Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
- Sophomore Camyrn Ennis has reemerged in the Kansas offense, leading KU in kills the last two matches and recording two double-double performances. Ennis, who played primarily as the setter in 2018, has moved to outside hitter. Ennis’ 14 kills against West Virginia Oct. 10 are a career high.
- Sophomore Kansas middle blocker Rachel Langs will face her sister Sarah Langs, a junior middle blocker at TCU, Saturday when the two Big 12 schools face each other. R. Langs is second on KU’s roster with 46 total blocks and is the team leader with 1.15 blocks per set, while S. Langs is TCU’s team leader in total blocks (43) and second in blocks per set (0.96).
OPPONENT PREVIEW: TCU
- TCU earned its lone win of the Big 12 slate at Texas Tech Oct. 6, beating the Red Raiders in five sets. The Horned Frogs opened the season 3-0 after wins over High Point, Lipscomb and Villanova.
- Audrey Nalls leads the TCU attack and has a team-high 3.32 kills per set and is the team leader with 186 kills. Nalls has started 15 of TCU’s 16 matches. The setter position has been split between two Horned Frogs with McKenzie Nichols handling the majority of the setter duties. Nichols has a team-high 6.26 assists per set (338 total), while Irem Ucar averages 5.15 assists per set (201 total).
- Alfedo Manyang (1.07 blocks per set) and Sarah Langs (0.96 B/S) are the TCU team leaders. Langs boasts a team-high 43 blocks this season.
2018 SERIES RECAP
- Kansas and TCU split the 2018 series between the two schools. KU won in four sets against the Horned Frogs in Lawrence, Kansas, and dropped the match in Fort Worth, Texas in three sets.
BIG 12 STATISTICS (10/17/2019)
- Kansas ranks second in the Big 12 in blocks per set (2.50) and has 135 blocks this season.
- Rachel Langs (46 | 1.15 blocks per set) ranks fifth in Big 12 play in blocks per set.
- Allie Nelson is sixth in the Big 12 in digs per set (3.74) and has 202 digs this season.