1st and 10: Resilience
Calendar Important Dates
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Only 18 hours after completing its first practice in full pads, the Kansas football team was back in helmets and shoulder pads eager to put in the work for the squad’s sixth practice of Fall Camp Tuesday.
With another practice on the docket later in the day, marking the first two-a-day of camp, the Jayhawks went to task under a full sun and 87 degree temperatures.
The session included some substantial special teams work and after practice head coach David Beaty reinforced his constant message of importance around the third facet and urged his team to take pride in special teams play.
The Jayhawks closed with a two-minute segment.
Practice Quick Hits:
- Greg Allen, Mike Lee and Tevin Shaw had nice interceptions throughout the day.
- Quarterback Ryan Willis found Jace Sternberger in the corner of the end zone on a fade route.
- Chase Harrell hauled in a 25-yard circus catch from Keaton Perry during team work.
- Perry also connected with wide receiver Evan Fairs on a 12-yard fade route touchdown reception.
- The defense had several stops throughout the two-minute segment causing field goals and punts in key situations.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.