1st and 10: Wakeup
Calendar Important Dates
Football Ticket Information
2016 Football Media Guide
Photos Photo Gallery
Video Three-Point Stance
Blog Fall Camp Central
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Not even a 6 a.m. wake-up call could stop Kansas football Thursday morning as the team conducted its first of two workouts on the day and eighth practice of Fall Camp inside Memorial Stadium.
Temperatures on the artificial turf reached well into the 90s under a clear sky and head coach David Beaty drilled it into his players that the standard needs to stay high even in the toughest of conditions.
That message echoed through an emphasis on hurry-up field goals to start the day, a period of 7-on-7 in the middle of practice and held true during the final team session to close out morning.
The workout ended with Beaty encouraging his squad to stay locked in and focused with controlled intensity. He challenged the Jayhawks to carry over that momentum into Thursday’s “Under-the-Lights” practice held during the evening hours.
Practice Quick Hits:
- Sophomore quarterback Ryan Willis found sophomore tight end Jace Sternberger for 17 yards over the middle during 7-on-7.
- Willis then connected with senior wide receiver Shakiem Barbel for 20 yards down the west sideline.
- Sophomore wide receiver Chase Harrell pulled down a jump ball from redshirt-junior quarterback Montell Cozart 25 yards down the sideline.
- Cozart also found sophomore Jeremiah Booker and Barbel in the end zone for back-to-back touchdown passes early on in team session.
- Senior safety Tevin Shaw and defensive tackles junior Isi Holani and sophomore Daniel Wise all had TFLs on the day.
- Senior linebacker Cameron Rosser and Wise each had a sack.
- Sophomore wide receiver Daylon Charlot had several reps today, has speed to burn and appears to have a great work ethic.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.