1st and 10: Replenished
Calendar Important Dates
Football Ticket Information
2016 Football Media Guide
Photos Photo Gallery
Video Three-Point Stance
Blog Fall Camp Central
LAWRENCE, Kan. – After just six hours, countless bottles of water, an ice bath, stretching, a nap and even more water, Kansas football conducted its second practice of Tuesday’s two-a-day under a scorching, 92-degree evening sky.
Regardless of the sweltering conditions, head coach David Beaty rejoiced at the 102-degree heat index and nearly 90 percent humidity as the Jayhawks worked through several individual and team periods.
The coaching staff had been hoping for the temperatures to rise from the previous four practices to acclimate the Jayhawks to the conditions they could be facing on the field during the season.
Beaty and his staff got their wish when Tuesday’s warmer weather returned. As the weather got hotter, the tempo and enthusiasm only increased. Beaty ended the practice pleased with the way the Jayhawks worked through the heat, combined with the strain of the morning’s workout.
Practice Quick Hits:
- Ke’aun Kinner and Taylor Martin both posted 10+ yard runs.
- Jace Sternberger made a one-handed grab over the middle to complete a 25-yard pass from Montell Cozart.
- Marnez Ogletree grabbed an interception off a deflected pass.
- Ben Johnson made a 25-yard grab down the sideline on a pass from Ryan Willis.
- Isaiah Bean recorded three tackles for loss.
- Carter Stanley completed a pair of touchdown passes during 7-on-7 with the first to Shakiem Barbel and the second to Jeremiah Booker.
- Chase Harrell went up a grabbed a ball down the sideline to finish a 23-yard pass from Keaton Perry.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.