GAME PREVIEW: vs. Emporia State
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Kansas women’s basketball team will play its final exhibition game of the 2019-20 season against Emporia State on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 2 p.m. in Allen Fieldhouse.
|Date/Time||Nov. 3 at 2 p.m.|
|Watch||Big 12 Now on ESPN+|
|Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
- In the last meeting with Emporia State, Kansas came out on top 69-49.
- In the last meeting with Emporia State in the 2017-18 season, the Kansas defense played a large part in the victory forcing 22 turnovers in the game and holding the Lady Hornets to 16 points at halftime.
- In the last four of five exhibition games, the Jayhawks have had at least four players finish in double figures.
- Guard Brooklyn Mitchell led the Jayhawks in scoring in the last three exhibition matchups dating back to the 2018-19 season. Mitchell scored 19 points, shooting 53 percent (9-of-17) from the field in the last exhibition against Pitt State.
- The Jayhawks are 52-10 in exhibition games and have won its last 28 of 29.
- Kansas defeated Washburn in the second exhibition of the 2018-19 season 87-43, which made it 28-straight exhibition wins for the Jayhawks.
- Kansas has brought in seven newcomers to the roster, six returners and lost nine players, three of which were starters.
- In the 2018-19 season, KU won its first tournament title in the Schneider era at the Duel in the Desert with back-to-back wins over Washington State and Northwestern.
- The Jayhawks defeated Kansas State in Manhattan 61-54 in the 2018-19 season for the first time since 2014. The game also marked the 120th meeting between the two universities.
- In the 2019 Big 12 Tournament, Kansas got its first win since 2016 in the opening round against Oklahoma State 76-66.
The Jayhawks will start the season with a matchup against Indiana State on Nov. 7 in Allen Fieldhouse at 7 p.m.