🏀 GAME PREVIEW: vs. UMass Lowell
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Coming off a three-game win streak, the Kansas women’s basketball team is set to face UMass Lowell on Sunday, Nov. 17, in Allen Fieldhouse at 1 p.m. CT.
|⌚ Date/Time||Nov. 17 at 1:00 p.m. CT|
|🆚 Opponent||UMass Lowell River Hawks|
|📍 Location||Allen Fieldhouse|
|📺 Watch||Big 12 Now on ESPN+|
|📻 Listen||Jayhawk Radio Network|
- This marks the first meeting between Kansas and UMass Lowell in program history.
- In the last game, KU and Omaha were tied at 43 apiece with 8:02 remaining, but the Jayhawks closed the game out on a 20-5 run to win 63-48.
- The Jayhawks had 14 steals against Omaha and forced 27 turnovers, which is the most since KU forced 26 turnovers against TCU on Jan. 27, 2019.
- In the last two outings, Kansas has forced its opponents to least 20 turnovers.
- Every player that checked in for Kansas against Omaha scored.
- Coming off scoring 13 points against Omaha, freshman guard Zakiyah Franklin has scored in double figures in her first three collegiate games.
- Sophomore guard Brooklyn Mitchell set a career-high in points with 15 on 6-of-14 shooting from the field against Omaha.
- Freshman guard Holly Kersgieter earned Big 12 Co-Player of the Week and Big 12 Freshman of the Week honors after the first two games of the season, averaging 16 points, 8.6 rebounds and shot 55 percent (11-of-20) from the field.
SCOUTING THE RIVER HAWKS
- Through three games, UMass Lowell is averaging 51.7 points per game on 31 percent shooting from the field.
- Senior forward Brianne Stiers leads the team in rebounding averaging 9.3 boards along with 5.3 points through three games.
- The River Hawks had four players finish in double figures in points in its last game against Massachusetts.
- In the last game for the River Hawks, Denise Solis led the way with 17 points, grabbed nine rebounds and recorded three assists.
Kansas will host Texas State for its final game of its homestand on Sunday, Nov. 24, in Allen Fieldhouse.