Kansas Athletics Presents Top Moments of 2013
Kansas Athletics and Jayhawk student-athletes had numerous successful athletic and academc accomplishments during the 2013 calendar year and will relive the top 13 moments in a nearly two week series leading up to New Years Eve. Starting Wednesday, one crowning moment will be posted to KUAthletics.com and across the department’s social media platforms.
Like, favorite or vote for your favorite 2013 moment and a top three, based on fan votes, will be revealed on New Year’s Eve. Check back daily for video highlights, a recap and your chance to weigh in on your favorite moments of 2013.
This year’s top 13 events, as selected by a panel of students and staff include (in order of occurance):
- Angel Goodrich’s three caps a comeback from an 18-point deficit as women’s basketball rallies to defeat Iowa State in overtime
- Elijah Johnson scores 39 as men’s basketball rallies in the final seconds and defeats Iowa State on the road in overtime
- Men’s basketball captures its ninth-straight Big 12 regular season title and advances to another NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
- Women’s basketball makes another deep tournamnet run and reaches a back-to-back NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
- Softball sends its seniors off with a memorable Senior Day by upsetting No. 1 Oklahoma at Arrocha Ballpark
- Women’s track and field pulls off the Big 12 conference season sweep with wins at both the indoor and outdoor championship meets
- Men’s basketball lands the No. 1 recruit in the nation when prep-star Andrew Wiggins signs
- Baseball makes a run at the Big 12 title by advancing through to the tournament championship game
- Women’s track and field captures the 2013 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field National Championship
- Matt Wyman’s last second field goal helps football top Louisiana Tech and snap a streak of losses against FBS foes
- Football defeats West Virginia behind 211 yards and three touchdowns from James Sims
- A youthful 2013-14 men’s basketball squad knocks off perennial power Duke in the Champions Classic
- Volleyball hosts the first and second round of the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year and advances to the Sweet 16
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.