🏈 Kansas Football Season-Opener Slated for FS1
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The Kansas Jayhawks football season-opener against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on Saturday, Sept. 12 will air in front of a national TV audience on Fox Sports 1. Kickoff is scheduled for 9 p.m. CT at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman will be calling the Week 1 matchup.
“While we are not able to have fans in attendance for this game due to the pandemic, the next highest priority was getting our student-athletes on national television,” said Director of Athletics Jeff Long. “We have players from all across the country on our football team and playing on FS1 in the 9 p.m. time slot will provide their families and KU football fans the opportunity to watch. While it may be a later kickoff than we are accustomed to, Coach Miles and the team are excited to play in front of a national audience to start the season.”
News and Notes:
- The Jayhawks are 74-50-7 all-time in season-openers, including a 14-6 mark since 2000.
- This marks the Jayhawks’ first season-opener against a Sun Belt opponent.
- KU holds a 5-2 overall record against the Sun Belt Conference.
- The Sept. 12 matchup will be the latest played season-opener for the Jayhawks since 1987, when KU opened its season on the same date at Auburn.
- The Jayhawks earned a 37-34 homecoming victory over Texas Tech on Oct. 26 last season on Fox Sports 1.
- Head Coach Les Miles is 13-4 in season-openers as a college head coach.