⚾️ Kansas Wraps Up Fall Exhibition Schedule Against Dallas Baptist
TULSA, Okla. — Kansas played its second and final fall exhibition game on Saturday against Dallas Baptist at ONEOK Field. The teams scrimmaged for 14 innings, giving both sides an opportunity to utilize a majority of their rosters.
• Senior catcher Cole Elvis went 2-for-3 with a sacrifice fly and two RBIs.
• Sophomore infielder/outfielder Luke Leto had two hits, a walk, RBI and run scored.
• Sophomore infielder/outfielder Tyler Gerety finished 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs.
• Kansas threw 14 pitchers in the exhibition contest. Eleven of those 14 pitchers did not allow a run.
• Kansas had five players with multi-hit performances.
• The pitching staff recorded 20 strikeouts compared to only five walks.
• Pitchers Sam Ireland, Parker Grant and Stone Hewlett all had three strikeouts in their one inning pitched, while Gavin Brasosky and Andrew Dennis had two punchouts.
• Outfielder Mike Koszewski and infielder Michael Brooks both had two walks.
“I thought it was a good team effort and good fundamental baseball on both sides. I loved the way we competed and I thought that we took a jump from where we were a week ago. Today gave us a pretty clear picture of what we need to do moving forward to become a complete team. It also gives us a really good picture of what we’re capable of in a really good way.” – Head Coach Dan Fitzgerald
Kansas will begin the 2023 season under first-year head coach Dan Fitzgerald in February. The spring schedule will be released in the coming months.