KU Soccer to host “Pack the Park” on Sept. 23
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Numerous events will surround Kansas soccer’s Big 12 opener next week to help fans pack Rock Chalk Park when the Jayhawks take on Texas Tech on Friday, Sept. 23. A pre-game tailgate, a KU soccer scarf giveaway and a KU soccer jersey raffle are just a few of the promotional activities fans will be able to enjoy when the Jayhawks kick off conference play against the Red Raiders.
- Rock Chalk Park parking lot will be open starting at 4 p.m., and fans are encouraged to come early to tailgaters before the match.
- The KU Alumni Association will host its own tailgate starting at 5:30 p.m., which is open to all fans.
- Tailgating games and appearances from Big and Baby Jay.
Limited edition KU Soccer scarves will be available while supplies last when KU takes on Texas Tech on Sept. 23.KU Soccer Scarf Giveaway
- Fans in attendance will get a limited edition Kansas soccer jersey scarf. Limited to one scarf per person while supplies last.
KU Soccer Jersey Contest
- Two Kansas soccer jerseys will be given away at the match. Fans in attendance can sign up for the contest before the match at the link below, or after they get to Rock Chalk Park on the night of the match. The winners of the raffle to be announced in the second half.
SIGN-UP FOR JERSEY CONTEST (NON-STUDENTS)
- KU students are encouraged to attend the match and will be admitted for free with their student ID.
- There will be two shuttles available prior to the match to bring students from campus to Rock Chalk Park. The first bus will depart from the Student Union at 5:30 p.m. and will make a stop outside Oswald Hall before leaving for Rock Chalk Park. A second bus will follow the same route 30 minutes later starting at the Union at 6 p.m. Busses will bring students back to Daisy Hill and the Union following the end of the match.
- The match will also feature a student-only KU jersey contest. All students in attendance can enter to win at the gates of Rock Chalk Park with their student ID or they can sign-up prior to the match at the link below. The jersey winner will be announced in the second half.
SIGN-UP FOR JERSEY CONTEST (STUDENT ONLY)
Just Food Drive
- Just Food Lawrence will be collecting food donations from fans upon entry at the gates of Rock Chalk Park. Fans who bring a canned food donation will be admitted for $5.
- Just Food secures food through community donations by individuals, local retail stores, civic groups, businesses and other organizations. It also purchases food at reduced costs through local retail businesses. This food is brought into the warehouse, sorted, stored and distributed to partner agencies and Douglas County residents.
The Jayhawks are currently 5-2-1 in their 2016 campaign as they head into the final weekend of nonconference play. KU has suffered just one defeat in its last seven outings and has outscored its last three opponents 7-2. Kansas will meet Texas Tech on Sept. 23 for the first time since the two squads met in the Big 12 Tournament Championship game last year, a 1-0 Red Raider victory.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.