Postgame Traffic Advisory: Major Construction Near I-35 and I-435 Overpass
— Kansas Basketball (@KUHoops) November 13, 2015
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Fans departing from Lawrence to Kansas City after tonight’s regular-season opener between Kansas and Northern Colorado should be aware of a number of road closures due to heavy construction where K-10, I-35 and I-435 converge in Johnson County.
From the Kansas Department of Transportation:
Friday, 10 p.m.
• All mainline lanes of eastbound I-435 from K-10 to I-35 CLOSED.
• Southbound I-35 to eastbound I-435 ramp CLOSED.
Marked Detour > Southbound I-35 traffic will detour via southbound U.S. 69 to exit at 119th Street back onto northbound I-35 to access eastbound I-435. A U-Turn at 119th Street and then back up the northbound I-35 to eastbound I435 ramp will only be available until 6 p.m. Saturday, November 14.
• Eastbound K-10 to Lackman Road exit ramp CLOSED. The additional new Lackman Road exit from southbound/eastbound I-435 will remain open.
Marked Detour > Traffic will detour via eastbound K-10 to southbound Renner Boulevard to westbound College Boulevard to access Lackman Road.
• Renner Boulevard to eastbound K-10/eastbound I-435 ramp CLOSED.
Marked Detour > Traffic will detour via the new I-35 collector-distributor road ramp and join mainline eastbound I-435 detour via northbound I-35 to eastbound 87th Street to southbound U.S. 69 to access eastbound I-435.
Saturday, 6 p.m.
• All mainline lanes of eastbound I-435 from K-10 to Quivira Road CLOSED. (Closure will now be extended from I-35 to Quivira Road.)
Marked Detour > Eastbound I-435 through traffic will detour via the recently opened eastbound collector-distributor road to northbound I-35 to eastbound 87th Street to southbound U.S. 69 to access eastbound I-435. Traffic wishing to access Quivira Road can use 95th Street.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.