MEET PREVIEW: Kansas Double Dual
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas swimming and diving hosts both Missouri State and South Dakota this weekend for the third consecutive season as part of the Kansas Double Dual. The meet is scheduled to take place on Friday, Oct. 11 at 5 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 12 at 12 p.m. inside Robinson Natatorium.
KU enters the meet after competing in the Sunflower Showdown (Oct. 4) where the Jayhawks had a first-place finisher in all 10 events they competed in. Seniors Jenny Nusbaum, Carly Straight, Elizabeth Amato-Hanner and sophomore Kate Steward all finished the meet with two individual first-place finishes to lead the Jayhawks.
Friday night is scheduled to be KU’s Pink Meet while Saturday will be the team’s Senior Day. This will be the first of five meets that are scheduled to take place inside Robinson Natatorium this season.
Head Coach Clark Campbell’s Thoughts
|Date||October 11 & 12|
|Time||5 p.m. / 12 p.m.|
|Opponents||Missouri State & South Dakota|
CSCAA Open Water Championship
Kansas had four swimmers compete in the fourth-annual College Swimming Coaches Association of America (CSCAA) Open Water Championship where the Jayhawks placed second in the 15 team field.
KU will be honoring the following seven athletes on Saturday as part of their senior day celebration:
- Elizabeth Amato-Hanner
- Peri Charapich
- Haley Downey
- Jenny Nusbaum
- Katy Schlies
- Carly Straight
- Libby Walker
2018 MEET RECAP
- KU defeated South Dakota 252-98.
- The Jayhawks bested Missouri State 219-128.
- Nusbaum claimed first place in the 100-yard free with a time of 52.06.
- Then junior Haley Downey won the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:20.16.
- Amato-Hanner won gold in the 200-yard individual medley clocking in at 2:06.67.
- Senior Peri Charapich claimed sixth place in the three-meter springboard with a score of 209.50.