🏊♀️ MEET PREVIEW: Tiger Invite and Kansas Classic
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas swimming and diving will be split up this week as the swimmers will be competing in the seventh-annual Kansas Classic while the divers will be traveling to Columbia, Mo. to participate in the Tiger Invite. The three-day Tiger Invite is scheduled to take place from Nov. 20-22 while the Kansas Classic will be held from Nov. 22-24.
The Jayhawks enter both its competitions with a perfect 4-0 record after defeating Nebraska 192-103 Nov. 9.
Live results for the Kansas Classic can be found on Meet Mobile.
HEAD COACH CLARK CAMPBELL’S THOUGHTS
2018 KANSAS CLASSIC
- Claimed first place with a 1,279.5 total score.
- Jenny Nusbaum was the Most Valuable Swimmer of the Meet after accruing a meet-best 68 points.
- Nusbaum and Haley Downey (64 points) were the two Jayhawks named to the Kansas Classic All-Invite Team.
- KU finished with 47 Jayhawks sitting in top-five spots, 15 of which came during the finals session.
- Kate Steward set the then-Kansas school record in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:12.99.
- Select swimmers will be traveling to Atlanta, Georgia to be competing in the four-day Toyota U.S. Open from Dec. 4-7.
- Kansas will travel to Tempe, Arizona to take on the Arizona State Sun Devils on Jan. 11.