MEET PREVIEWS: Alumni Meet And CSU
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas is scheduled to compete in two meets this weekend in back-to-back fashion. First on tap is the KU’s annual Alumni Meet on Friday, Oct. 25 at 4 p.m., inside Robinson Natatorium. The team then follows it up with its first road test of the season as they travel to Fort Collins, Colorado to take on Colorado State on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 12 p.m.
For the annual Jayhawk Alumni Meet, former swimmers and divers will be competing with current members of KU’s roster in seven different events. Events include four 50-yard variations (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle), the 100-yard individual medley, the 200-yard freestyle relay and the 1-meter dive.
|Dates||October 25 & 26|
|Times||4 p.m. | 12 p.m.|
|Locations||Robinson Natatorium | Moby Pool|
Big 12 Diver of the Week
- Freshman Jiayu Chen was named the season’s first Big 12 Diver of the Week back on October 16 for her performance in the Kansas Double Dual. Chen tallied scores of 285.80 in the 1-meter and 287.20 in the 3-meter. She became just the third freshman ever to earn an award on opening weekend.
No Rust in Meet #1
- KU opened up its season with the Kansas Double Dual on October 11 and 12. During the meet, the Jayhawks finished with first-place finishes in 17 of the possible 19 events. Sophomore Kate Steward led the team with three individual gold finishes in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:03.52), 200-yard individual medley (2:05.34) and the 200-yard breaststroke (2:16.71).
Opponent Preview: Colorado State
- The Rams enter the meet having claimed two victories in its double dual against Air Force (127-115) and Nothern Arizona (144.5-97.5).
- Julia Box claimed first place in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 56.95.
- Abbey Owenby won the 1,000-yard freestyle with a time of 10:43.37.
- Hannah Sykes claimed the gold in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:56.69.
- Skylar Williams scored a 252.05 in the 3-meter to claim second place and a 239.70 in the 1-meter to take third to lead the CSU divers at the double dual.
- The Rams will be honoring their seniors for Senior Day against Kansas.
- Kansas hosts Nebraska on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 2 p.m. inside Robinson Natatorium.