Accessible parking is available for a $30 fee on a first-come, first-served basis in Lots 54 (north of Allen Fieldhouse), 71 (south of Allen Fieldhouse), 72 (northwest of Allen Fieldhouse), the parking garage (north of Allen Fieldhouse), and in Lot 90 (east of Allen Fieldhouse). A paratransit bus will be positioned on Schwegler Drive to help get fans with limited mobility across the street to Allen Fieldhouse. Display your state-issued accessible license plate or hangtag and have your personal identification card with you. Limited mobility fans will be allowed to unload and load near the south entrance to Allen Fieldhouse.
Men's Basketball Fan Guide
For assistance, please contact event personnel (red vest) in your area.
ATMs are located on the first level, south end and on the second level northeast corner of Allen Fieldhouse.
To provide a safe environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into all of our athletics’ venues, Kansas Athletics implemented a clear-bag policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into sporting events.
Kansas Athletics strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bag to KU sporting events. To expedite entry there will be express lanes designated for fans without bags.
The following style and size bag, package, or container will be allowed in the gates at Kansas Athletics events:
- Bags that are clear, plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (like a Ziploc)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without handle or strap, may be taken into the venue (can’t be larger than 6” x 9”).
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection by a supervisor at each gate.
Ask Before You Act!
As a fan of KU Athletics, it is important to become familiar with NCAA, Big 12 and Kansas Athletics Compliance rules. Please review the following information as a brief guide to NCAA compliance and please feel free to contact our office at any time for further inquiry. We appreciate your support and cooperation.
A booster is an individual, independent agency, corporate entity (e.g., apparel or equipment manufacturer), or other organization that meets one of the following criteria:
- Current or previous season ticket holder;
- Current or previous member of an agency or organization promoting any Kansas Athletics program (e.g., KU Alumni Association, K Club, sport booster groups, etc.);
- Made financial contributions to Kansas Athletics or to an athletics booster organization (e.g., Hardwood Club);
- Assisting or have assisted in providing benefits including, but not limited to, financial assistance, use of a car, use of a cell phone;
- Providing allowable benefits (e.g., summer jobs) to enrolled student-athletes; or
- Promoting Kansas Athletics in any way.
*This list is not exhaustive. Please contact the Kansas Athletics Compliance Office if you have any questions about your possible status as a booster.
A prospective student-athlete is anyone who has entered the ninth grade (seventh grade for men’s basketball). Please remember, it is important to leave the recruiting to the coaching staffs of Kansas Athletics. Getting involved without consent from the Compliance Office could jeopardize the eligibility of the prospective student-athlete. Kansas Athletics is responsible for the actions of its boosters and fans and is always available to answer any questions regarding permissible recruiting activities.
Autograph Requests for Non-Profit Foundations
All autograph requests for any KU head coach should be made through the Kansas Athletics Marketing Office at (785) 864-7976.
An extra benefit is any special gift or arrangement provided to a student-athlete, or student-athlete’s friend or family member, that is not available to the general KU student body or the general population.
Examples of Extra Benefits (this is NOT an exhaustive list):
Prospective Student-Athletes and Enrolled Student-Athletes
- Use of an automobile or transportation
- Admission to an event (e.g., movies, athletics events, banquets, clubs, special events/parties, concerts)
- Cash or loans in any amount
- Gifts of any kind, including those for special occasions such as birthdays, religious holidays, graduation, etc.
- Free or reduced-cost services, rentals, or purchases of any type (e.g., meals, drinks, clothing, laundry, haircuts, legal fees, tattoos, golf, car repairs)
- Free or reduced-cost housing for any length of time
- Assistance with paying bills (e.g., cell phone, gas money, rent)
- Loans (including co-signing)
A recruiting inducement under NCAA rules is any special gift or arrangement provided to a prospective student-athlete that is not available to the general population. The arrangement of such a benefit would be considered an improper inducement to encourage the eventual enrollment of a prospective student-athlete at KU.
Social Media Reminders
Boosters may not initiate or “accept” friend requests of prospects on Facebook, but they can “follow” recruits on Twitter. Boosters should NEVER post on a recruit’s “wall,” reply to a “tweet,” send them any kind of direct message, or take any other action that would constitute contacting any recruit.
This prohibition also includes creating fan pages for recruits to attend KU. We thank you for your support, but also request that you leave the recruiting up to the Kansas Athletics coaching staff members.
Kansas Athletics Compliance
Allen Fieldhouse, 1651 Naismith Drive
Lawrence, KS 66045
Follow us on Twitter @JayhawkComply and like us on Facebook at Kansas Athletics Compliance
Concession stands are located throughout the first, second and third levels of Allen Fieldhouse.
From the east (Kansas City International Airport)
Kansas City International Airport is 60 miles to the northeast. As you exit the airport, turn right onto I-29 South. Continue on I-29 for about 4 miles; West on Rte. 152 for about 5 miles; South on I-435 to the junction of I-70 West. Take I-70 West to Lawrence. Exit I-70 at exit #202 (West Lawrence). Follow Iowa Street to 15th Street (Bob Billings Parkway); turn left on 15th Street; turn right on Burdick Dr., turn left on Irving Hill Rd., leading to Allen Fieldhouse. Allow one hour driving time from KCI to Lawrence.
KDOT is making improvements to eight bridges on K-10 between Eudora on the west and K-7 on the east. During construction, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. The overall project corridor will begin roughly 3.5 miles east of Eudora and end 2 miles west of the K-10/K-7 interchange. Westbound traffic will be reduced to one lane starting near K-7; eastbound traffic will reduce to one lane near De Soto.
Construction is scheduled to start Monday, July 11 and is anticipated to be complete by December 2022. Please be aware that reduced speed limits, lane closures, lane changes and traffic control (barricades, cones, signage, etc.) will be in place for the duration of the project and adjusted as construction progresses.
Sign-up for email updates and review the latest temporary traffic control details on the K-10 Bridge Improvements Construction Map: http://bit.ly/k10bridges
From the west (Forbes Field)
Forbes Field is located in Topeka, Kansas, approximately 30 miles west of Lawrence. Travel on Highway 75 North to I-470 East, turning into I-70 East, to the West Lawrence Exit #202, which will lead to Iowa Street. Follow Iowa Street to 15th Street (Bob Billings Parkway); turn left on 15th Street; turn right on Burdick Dr., turn left on Irving Hill Rd, leading to Allen Fieldhouse. Allow 45 minutes driving time from Topeka to Lawrence.
From the Southwest (Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport)
Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport is located in Wichita, Kansas, approximately 165 miles southwest of Lawrence. As you exit the airport, merge onto Highway 54 East to I-35 North toward El Dorado/Kansas City. Continue on 1-35 North to I-335 North. I-335 becomes I-470 East, which will become I-70. Travel on 1-70 for 18 miles to the West Lawrence Exit #202, which will lead to Iowa Street. Follow Iowa Street to 15th Street (Bob Billings Parkway); turn left on 15th Street; turn right on Burdick Dr., turn left on Irving Hill Rd, leading to Allen Fieldhouse. Allow two hours and 40 minutes driving time from Wichita to Lawrence.
An elevator is available for access to all three levels. The elevator tower is located at the south end of Allen Fieldhouse. There is a second elevator located in the Booth Family Hall of Athletics (east entrance to Allen Fieldhouse). The Booth Family Hall of Athletics elevator is available for access to the first and second levels only.
Located immediately south of Allen Fieldhouse.
In case of an emergency call 911. For non-emergencies call (785) 864-5900.
Located in the southeast corner level one of Allen Fieldhouse. Event Personnel will provide direction.
POLICE OPERATIONS CENTER
Located in the southeast corner level three of Allen Fieldhouse. Event Personnel will provide direction.
Center. If you discover an item is missing after you leave the building, you may call 785-864-0591 during normal business hours – Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Fancards are available in the north, east and south lobbies prior to tip-off on the first level. On the second level, they are available on the north and south concourse.
Student gates open two hours prior to tip-off. The student entrance is located at Gate 2 on the northeast corner of Allen Fieldhouse. All student ticket holders must enter at this location. General public gates will open one-and-a-half hours before tip-off. Everyone must have a ticket to enter regardless of age.
Medical Exception Entrance (wheelchairs and other assistive devices):
o Gate 11 – South end
Exit and re-entry will only be allowed at halftime. Please see a ticket taker to receive a stamp for this purpose. Both the stamp and the game ticket stub are required for re-entry, along with standard security entry procedures.
In order to provide a safe environment for all of the guests visiting Allen Fieldhouse, the following measures are being taken:
- Days leading up to the game all public areas on the concourse and restrooms will be disinfected
- Hand sanitizer stations will be made available on the concourses
- Increased staffing from our custodial vendor to assist with wiping down railings and countertops with disinfectant
- Routine checks and cleaning of restrooms
Kansas fans pride themselves on a long tradition of good sportsmanship and conduct. In support of this tradition, Kansas Athletics’ staff will proactively support a safe and fun experience for our guests. Kansas Athletics events will be free from the following behaviors:
- Foul, obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions towards others based on skin color, gender expression, sexual identities, beliefs or any other differences
- Public intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption
- Possession or use of illegal drugs
- Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes) anywhere on the premises
- Fighting, unruly or inconsiderate behavior.
- Selling items, including tickets, on University grounds
- Interfering with the progress of the event, including throwing any object onto the court or going onto the playing surface
- Failing to follow rules/instructions of Allen Fieldhouse personnel
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat
- Indecent or obscene clothing or signs
- Destroying property
- Conduct that endangers participants or spectators
- Criminal trespass
Those who choose not to follow Kansas Athletics’ Fan Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection without refund. Ticket holders are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their guests or persons occupying their seats. If you witness any patrons demonstrating the behaviors listed above during an event, please notify security (police officer or usher in a black vest or grey shirt) or call (785) 864-1602. You may also send a text message to 866-218-6864, keyword KUHELP. Then type in your issue and location.
For those with limited mobility (other than those requiring wheelchair accessible seating), limited mobility seating should be purchased in advance via all regular distribution channels (by phone, in person at the Ticket Office, or via internet @kuathletics.com) and is subject to ticket availability. Kansas Athletics cannot guarantee that limited mobility seating is available the day of the game if you purchase a non-limited mobility accessible seat. These seats are located near elevators and do not require excessive climbing of stairs. Persons with limited mobility or others needing special assistance to reach their seats, should contact the Ticket Office at (785) 864-3141.
Every child should be told to contact the nearest guest services personnel (gray shirt or black vest) should he/she become lost. Lost children will be taken to Guest Services, located on the southwest corner of the second level (concourse section 13) in Allen Fieldhouse. Parents looking for a lost child should go to Guest Services.
Find your favorite sports apparel, souvenirs, gift ideas and much more at the Rally House locations in Allen Fieldhouse. For fans wanting to buy KU gear online, it is available at kustore.com.
(785) Area Code:
- Compliance Office: 864-4200
- Facilities Office: 864-4210
- KU Parking & Transit: 864-PARK (7275)
- KU Police: 864-5900
- Rally House: 864-1119
- Lost & Found: 864-4210
- Communications: 864-3417
- Ticket Office: 864-3141 (800.34.HAWKS)
- Williams Education Fund: 864-3946
Located in the southeast corner level three of Allen Fieldhouse. Event Personnel will provide direction.
1651 Naismith Drive
Lawrence, KS 66045
For the protection of our fans, the following items are not permitted in Kansas Athletics facilities and cannot be stored by Kansas Athletics personnel:
· Metal bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers (one 20 oz., unopened plastic bottle of water are allowed per ticket holder. One empty, plastic refillable water-bottle up to 32oz. in size is allowed)
· Backpacks, duffle bags, purses larger than a clutch bag (6” x 9” max), diaper bags, mesh bags, tinted plastic totes, any clear plastic bag greater than 12” x 6” x 12”, camera or binocular cases, or seatbacks
· Alcohol or Drugs
· Umbrellas, strollers, bikes, skateboards
· Weapons (as defined by the University’s weapons policy) of any type, including actual, simulated, toy or replica weapons, firearms, ammunition, self-defense sprays fireworks or incendiary devices, explosives, fuel, stun guns/tasers
· Poles/sticks/bats of any kind
· Sealed packages of any kind, including gifts
· Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems or model aircraft)
· Objects that obstruct another patron’s view of the playing surface
· Horns, whistles, and/or other noisemakers
· Any object that can be used as a projectile, beach balls, frisbees, inflatables
· Animals (except service animals, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
· Anything that creates a nuisance or disruption including laser pointing devices, flashlights or glowsticks
· Hazardous items including, but not limited to fuels, torches, lighter fluid, chemicals, paint, batteries or aerosols
Patrons are subject to inspection of their person, bags, and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Patrons may refuse inspections but management reserves the right to refuse entry.
The University prohibits individuals from possessing, carrying or using weapons, including concealed weapons, in Allen Fieldhouse for Men’s Basketball games. Violators will be asked to leave University property, and if they refuse to do so, such refusal may constitute an unlawful trespass.
Restrooms are located on all three levels. Family restrooms are located at the south end of level one and the north end of level three. Diaper-changing stations are located in all three family restrooms. Accessible restrooms are located on all levels.
Signs or banners should be no more than three-feet high and not obstruct the view of fans or Allen Fieldhouse signage. Signs, banners and flags that contain obscene language are prohibited. Kansas Athletics has the right to remove any sign or banner at any time for any reason and the possessor of the sign or banner may be removed from the arena. Kansas Athletics expects and encourages spectators to bring signs that promote good sportsmanship and respect the rights and dignity of others.
In accordance with University of Kansas Policy, smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes or any future product that simulates or approximates tobacco use or smoking, and tobacco use are not permitted on the Lawrence or Edwards campuses, all other university sites reporting to the Lawrence campus, and at the facilities of Student Housing, the Kansas and Burge Unions, Athletics, and the KU Center for Research, Inc. (KUCR).
Fans in Allen Fieldhouse may use a text-messaging reporting system on gamedays to quickly summon KU event personnel. In case of an emergency, facility issue, or to report a disturbance in your area, send an SMS text message to 866-218-6864, keyword KUHELP. Then type in your issue and location. Standard SMS text messaging rates will apply. This is a two-way texting system that will allow KU event personnel to respond as needed.
The Ticket Office will open two hours prior to tip-off and remain open until the end of the first half. The Ticket Office is located on the southeast corner of Allen Fieldhouse. All patrons, regardless of age, require a ticket for admission. For ticket information during the week, call 1-800-34-HAWKS, (785) 864-3141 or log onto KUAthletics.com.
Wheelchair accessible seating is available on the floor level at the north and south ends of Allen Fieldhouse in sections M and B. For those individuals (and up to one companion seat) requiring wheelchair accessible seats, wheelchair seating should be purchased in advance via all regular distribution channels (by phone, in person at the Ticket Office, or via internet @kuathletics.com) and is subject to ticket availability. Kansas Athletics cannot guarantee that wheelchair seating is available the day of the game if you purchase a non-wheelchair accessible seat. For those who purchase an accessible seat and do not need the specific features of the accessible seat, Kansas Athletics may require the ticket holder to move to a different, non-accessible seating location. Refusal to relocate upon request may result in ejection and revocation of ticket privileges.
Public and KU Player/Guest will-call windows are all located at the Ticket Office on the southeast corner of Allen Fieldhouse. Visiting Team Player/Guest is located at Gate 9 on the southeast corner of Allen Fieldhouse
A photo ID is required for the pick-up of all will-call tickets.
The parking lots in the vicinity of Allen Fieldhouse require a Williams Education Fund parking permit. These are obtainable only through membership in the Williams Education Fund. You may reach the Williams Education Fund by phone at (785) 864-3946.
Public Parking is available for $30 in the Central District Garage on a first come first serve basis. Access the garage from 19th Street and Ousdahl Rd. A limited number of spaces are also available in Lot 90 for $30 on a first come first serve basis. Access Lot 90 from the entrance at Naismith and Schwegler Drive. A paratransit bus will be positioned on Schwegler Drive to help get fans with limited mobility across the street to Allen Fieldhouse. Limited mobility fans will be allowed to unload and load near the south entrance to Allen Fieldhouse.
NEW FOR THIS SEASON
The KU Park & Ride Lot (lot 301) on West Campus near the corner of Iowa Street and Clinton Parkway will be closed as part of the construction of The Crossing development project, thus there will NOT be shuttle service. Use the public parking in the Central District Garage and Lot 90.
In case of an emergency call 911. For non-emergencies call (785) 864-5900.