⚾️ No. 4 Texas Tech Takes Down Kansas
LAWRENCE, Kan. — With the wind blowing out on Saturday afternoon at Hoglund Ballpark, the Kansas Jayhawks fell to the No. 4 ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders by a score of 28-2. Texas Tech scored eight runs in the sixth inning.
PITCHERS OF RECORD
Win: Brandon Birdsell (4-1)
Final line: 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 SO
Loss: Cole Larsen (0-5)
Final line: 4.0 IP, 11 H, 9 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 3 SO
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Texas Tech scored first with three runs in the second inning, including a two-run homer by Parker Kelly.
• In the third inning, Texas Tech put up five runs to extend the lead to 8-0. Kurt Wilson and Owen Washburn hit back-to-back home runs in the inning.
• The Red Raiders added one run in the fourth, two runs in the fifth and eight runs in the sixth.
• KU pushed a run across in the sixth inning on an RBI fielder’s choice from redshirt senior outfielder Caleb Upshaw.
• To leadoff the eighth inning, sophomore shortstop Maui Ahuna hit a solo home run.
Kansas (9-16) will play the series finale against No. 4 Texas Tech on Sunday at 1 p.m. CT. The game will be streamed live on Big 12 NOW on ESPN+ and the Jayhawk Sports Network.