RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.7
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas men’s golf earned its fifth win in its last 14 events, all under the direction of head coach Jamie Bermel, by topping the 12-team field at the Golfweek Conference Challenge.
- The Jayhawks were one of just three teams under par in the 12-team field, at 18-under-par, which put them at the top of the leaderboard by 13 strokes.
- The 18-under-par score (846) marked the 11th-best three-round score in school history.
- As a team, the Jayhawks had four out of five competitors place in the top-20.
- Senior Chase Hanna earned his first-career victory after a tying for first at 10-under-par, which also marks his fifth top-five finish.
- Hanna collected only two bogeys and one double-bogey in his 54 holes on his way to victory.
- Junior Dan Sutton had a great event, shooting all three rounds at even par or better to give him a fourth-place finish in the 60-golfer field and marking his first top-five finish as a Jayhawk.
- After struggling in day one, junior Dan Hudson turned it on to finish the event one-under-par and tied for 12th.
- Sophomore Charlie Hillier finished the event tied for 18th at two-over-par, marking his third-straight finish in the top-20.