RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.5
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Junior Pitsinee Winyarat recorded a career best three-under-par 69 in the second round in the 2016 season opener.
- Kansas women’s golf began the season last week in Minneapolis, Minnesota, placing 11th at the Minnesota Invitational.
- After the first round, juniors Winyarat and Kallie Gonzales were tied for 33rd after both shooting five-over-par.
- Following a five-over-par first round, Winyarat rallied to shoot a three-under 69 to end the second round tied for eighth.
- From the first to second round, all the Jayhawks competing lowered their scores. The most improved was freshman Yi-Tsen Chou, who shot an impressive 10 strokes lower than the previous round.
- Freshmen Chou and Annika Cedo made their debuts for the Jayhawks.
- The Jayhawks have the week off before traveling to Norman, Oklahoma, to compete in the Schooner Fall Classic Sept. 24-26.