RCW: Inside Baseball 3.28
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas held TCU – who has been ranked in the top-three all season – to just 11 runs on the weekend, the Horned Frogs’ lowest scoring total of 2017 in a three-game series.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas boasts an all-time record of 1,864-1794-18 (.509).
- The Jayhawks hold a 668-1,041-4 (.391) clip in conference play, including a 187-345-1 (.352) mark in Big 12 action.
- KU owns a .550 (485-497-4) winning percentage in the month of March, with a record of 145-122 (.543) under Price.
- In nine games played at Hoglund Ballpark in 2017, Kansas has earned six victories, outscoring opponents by an average of 5.7 to 4.6 runs per contest.
- The Jayhawks have held opponents to five runs or fewer in six of those nine games while having scored five or more themselves in five of those contests.
- The six wins in its first nine home games is the most for a Kansas team since it started home play in 2013 winning seven out of nine.
- KU’s win at then-No. 3 TCU (March 19) was its first win over a top-five opponent since a 4-3 win over a No. 4-ranked Texas team on April 23, 2011 and first against a top-three team since defeating a No. 1 Horned Frog squad that same season (Feb. 20).