RCW: Inside Baseball 3.29
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas junior shortstop Matt McLaughlin holds the longest hitting streak of the season at 10 games. During that streak, McLaughlin is batting .333 (12-for-36) with two doubles, five RBIs, five walks and is a perfect 2-for-2 in stolen bases.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas’ all-time record: 1,865-1798-18 (.509).
- The Jayhawks hold a 668-1,041-4 (.391) clip in conference play, including a 187-345-1 (.352) mark in Big 12 action.
- KU owns a .548 (486-401-4) winning percentage in the month of March, with a record of 146-126 (.537) under Price.
- Since 2009, the Jayhawks have won 5-of-7 Big 12 home opening series with the 2010 conference home opening set ending in a tie when Sunday’s contest against then-No. 22 Texas A&M finished in an 8-8 tie after 11 innings.
- Kansas holds a record of 7-13 in Big 12 Conference home openers all-time, and a record of 4-10 in the Price era.
- KU has won 29 league series at Hoglund Ballpark in Big 12 play, with 24 of those coming during Price’s tenure.
- Texas and Kansas have played 40 times at the Hog with the Longhorns holding a slight 18-12 edge in those games.
- The Jayhawks have only five series wins against UT dating back to 1991 with three of those happening in Lawrence – the last home series win came in 2013.
- The last series win for Kansas over the Longhorns came in 2014 in Austin, where the Jayhawks defeated then-No. 10 Texas two games to one – a first since 1996.