RCW: Inside Baseball 3.31
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas tied a season-high 15 hits Sunday (April 9) at West Virginia en route to a 7-2 decision over the Mountaineers. That win helped Kansas to a 2-2 week against two top-25 RPI teams as it also stole a game at Missouri State (April 4).
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas’ an all-time record: 1,870-1801-18 (.509).
- The Jayhawks hold a 671-1,044-4 (.392) clip in conference play, including a 190-348-1 (.353) mark in Big 12 action.
- KU owns a .469 (597-676-6) winning percentage all-time in the month of April in program history.
- Kansas posted a 2-2 record on the road against two top-25 RPI teams in Missouri State (April 4) and West Virginia (April 7-9).
- The Jayhawks beat then-No. 25 RPI Missouri State, 4-2 on Tuesday (April 4) and stole a game from then-No. 9-ranked RPI West Virginia, 7-2, on Sunday (April 9).
- That 2-2 mark in a four-game road swing is the best since KU finished 2-2 in four games played on the road at Northwestern (May 5-6) and then-No. 3 TCU (May 8-9) in 2015.
- Kansas defeated Wichita State Tuesday (April 11), 8-6, marking the eighth time the Jayhawks have defeated the Shockers in the last nine tries.
- Kansas has only lost one home game to Wichita State since 2009, coming on April 10, 2012 by a 6-4 decision in 16 innings.
- The Jayhawks host Oklahoma State for a three-game set April 13-15, where KU has won its last four series against the Cowboys played at Hoglund Ballpark.
- The Jayhawks are off to their best start (4-5) in Big 12 play through nine games since 2014 when they started conference play 5-4.