RCW: Inside Men's Basketball 3.15
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Head coach Bill Self won his 600th career game with KU’s 105-62 win against UMKC on Dec. 6. Self became the ninth-fastest coach in NCAA Division I to accomplish the feat, winning his 600th in his 789th career game.
- Kansas has shot 53 percent or better from 3-point range in each of its last four games. In that span, KU is 54-for-85 (63.5 percent) and averaging 13.5 3-pointers per game.
- Senior Frank Mason III tied his career high with 30 points in the win against UMKC (12/6). Mason also put up 30 in the season opener against Indiana (11/11). With his 30 points against the Kangaroos, Mason moved into No. 29 on the KU career scoring list with 1,319 points.
- With 19 points and 12 rebounds versus UMKC, freshman Josh Jackson recorded his second double-double of the season. Jackson also accomplished the feat with 15 points and 11 rebounds against Georgia in the title game of the CBE Hall of Fame Classic (11/22).
- The KU starting backcourt of Mason and Devonte’ Graham have a combined 2.61:1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Mason has made 11 3-pointers in his last two games and is 11-for-17 (64.7 percent) from beyond the arc in that span.